What has become of LY deal for 787s?

Subscribe
What has become of LY deal with Boeing to buy or lease 787s?

Do you remember:
TEL AVIV, June 7 (Reuters) - El Al Israel Airlines will receive a $40 million loan from Boeing Capital Corp on condition the airline signs an accord by year-end to lease two Boeing 787 jets or alternatively buy one or more 787s.
Considering the delays and LY's late joining of the list, we probably won't see them for years.
Quote: What has become of LY deal with Boeing to buy or lease 787s?

Do you remember:
TEL AVIV, June 7 (Reuters) - El Al Israel Airlines will receive a $40 million loan from Boeing Capital Corp on condition the airline signs an accord by year-end to lease two Boeing 787 jets or alternatively buy one or more 787s.
I thought they had ordered the 787 and give up the positions due to money issues at the time?
On a related note, Arkia's 787's will be delivered in 2014 if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty sure they'll be using them to replace the 757's but maybe they'll use them for growth?

Do any of you think they could launch say, BKK and BOM or DEL 3 times per week each and give LY a run for their money?
Quote: On a related note, Arkia's 787's will be delivered in 2014 if I remember correctly.
I'm pretty sure they'll be using them to replace the 757's but maybe they'll use them for growth?

Do any of you think they could launch say, BKK and BOM or DEL 3 times per week each and give LY a run for their money?
According to workers, there is no plan:

http://www.themarker.com/news/1.1845003