For the experts === Have 887,000 Am Ex Reward points to transfer== TO WHERE?

Subscribe
Would like innovative suggestions, for hotels or airline travel ONLY. Where would you transfer these miles if it was you. Probably 200,000 to British with the 40% bonus, but where else. Already have approx. 100,000 on United, Delta, AA, Continental and Starwood. Am plaaning major trips over the next 5 years. Thanks!!!!
Edit: Removed due to OP's location.

Doesn't it depend on where you want to go, what airline offers the desired routes, what hotels you are looking for?

Just leave them where they are until you actually need them?
Quote:
Just leave them where they are until you actually need them?
Agreed, however if you want to put any on CO/UA better do it before Sept. when they end their relationship with AMEX.
In the UK 1 AMEx pt converts to 2 Hilton Honours points.
KennethMMM, welcome to FlyerTalk. As your question concerns credit card points converting to miles or other points, please follow as the thread moves to the MilesBuzz forum. Ocn Vw 1K, Moderator, TravelBuzz.
depends on the alliances you fly with... but I'd put Half in BA now w/ the 40%, and put the other half in Star w/ continental
My understanding is that Air Canada's Aeroplan and ANA's program offer substantial benefits. Here is a post of thepointsguy's list of HIS favorite rewards (many of his favorites are Amex transfer partners:

http://thepointsguy.com/2011/02/twen...irline-awards/
Quote: Would like innovative suggestions, for hotels or airline travel ONLY. Where would you transfer these miles if it was you. Probably 200,000 to British with the 40% bonus, but where else. Already have approx. 100,000 on United, Delta, AA, Continental and Starwood. Am plaaning major trips over the next 5 years. Thanks!!!!
you should probably just keep it in amex for the flexibility
Give all the miles to me. But then I would do the BA transfer at 1.4 if going to South America (on LAN) or Asia (on JAL - hmmm or maybe not?) and stock up on Continental miles (because they are otherwise hard to get and typically offer a good reward value). Ya gonna tell us these MRs all came from coins?<rotfl>
Quote: Would like innovative suggestions, for hotels or airline travel ONLY. Where would you transfer these miles if it was you. Probably 200,000 to British with the 40% bonus, but where else. Already have approx. 100,000 on United, Delta, AA, Continental and Starwood. Am plaaning major trips over the next 5 years. Thanks!!!!
In general, you should keep Amex points where they are until you need to redeem. However, I think the 40% BA bonus (expiring March 31) and the 50% Delta bonus (expiring May 31) are very good deals based on past promotions and if I had to transfer 887k Amex, I'd probably do:

200k to Delta taking advantage of the 50%+MQM transfer promo and then use those 300,000 miles for two V Australia business class tickets down under. V Australia has very good award availability and a decent J product. This also assumes you'd get some value out of the 25,000 MQM bonus.

I'd then transfer 215k to BA, because I love the new BA First and would redeem 300k for 2 North Am-Europe F class seats. Even though fees are high ($600ish), I personally feel the new first class product is worth it and I really like the BA F experience (Concorde Lounges, amenities/pyjamas, flying with Madonna, etc). BA also allows one way Oneworld awards, which I always find useful. I just redeemed 50k BA (36k Amex with the 40% bonus) and $85 for a Cathay Pacific JFK-YVR roundtrip in business class, which I thought was a great value.

I'd then transfer 240k to Aeroplan so I could do a couple mini-RTWs in F.

That leaves 232k which I might transfer to Continental, so once combined with United, I might splurge for some Emirates F awards before that partnership ends on May 28, 2011.
Quote: Just leave them where they are until you actually need them?
+1 Do not transfer at all unless you feel UA/CO is forever the best use of your points. Wait and use them later

What is the ratio to AA?

887K plus the 100K you already have and you are almost at Lifetime Gold status.

You could burn those miles riding up front on CX, several times.^
Think you can't transfer to AA unless you go through SPG first. So you'll get like ~0.5 AA mile per point vs 1.4 on BA
Quote: What is the ratio to AA?

887K plus the 100K you already have and you are almost at Lifetime Gold status.

You could burn those miles riding up front on CX, several times.^
Unfortunately the only way to get from Amex MR to AA is through SPG at the moment. You only get 1/3 of an SPG point for every Amex point. Not a great redemption value.

I'd keep most of the points in Amex unless you know where you want to go. The BA transfer is a attractive and I did it but that's b/c I know I'm going to redeem 2 J tickets on LAN in the coming months.
Yeah, can't beat BA for LAN flights. BA is the best South American Airline.

Quote: Unfortunately the only way to get from Amex MR to AA is through SPG at the moment. You only get 1/3 of an SPG point for every Amex point. Not a great redemption value.

I'd keep most of the points in Amex unless you know where you want to go. The BA transfer is a attractive and I did it but that's b/c I know I'm going to redeem 2 J tickets on LAN in the coming months.