FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best WBC seats on KL
View Single Post
Old Nov 7, 2005, 4:37 am
Maurits

Programs: FB Plat, SPG Plat, Meridien Moments Gold
Because this thread has become sticky (thanks YOUY31) concerning all WBC seats, here is my preference for most KL ICA a/c:

B74M & B744 - 77AB
I personally like to sit on the upper deck because of it's private feel. It's like you're in a 737 with an all-business class config Row 77 has the most legroom on the plane.

B777 - None
Frankly, I can't seem to find any seat on this aircraft that is considerably better than the other seats. All seats have different disadvantages (middle seats, noise from galleys) etc.

A330 - 7AB & HJ for daytime flights and 1AB for overnight flights
Because the A330 is a more silent aircraft, I have noticed that when flying eastbound over the pond the economy cabin can get quite noisy (those IFEs are keeping everyone awake I guess ) so avoid the last row if you want some peace and quiet. During daytime flights I find seats 7AB&HJ excellent as you are not in the vicinity of lavatories or storage closets.

MD11 - Rows 1 and 2
The forward WBC cabin on the MD11 is excellent, and I am glad that KL decided to use these wonderful planes a little while longer (up until 2012 I seem to recall).

Kind regards,
Maurits