FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 25% Off Starpoint Redemption
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2005, 11:05 am
Starwood Lurker
Company Representative - Starwood

Programs: Marriott Employee Level
Thanks for your patience while we sorted through this.

It appears that our attempts to get the word out on this did not quite go as we had intended. Emails were sent. Many were returned as undeliverable, apparently. No doubt some were deleted, either intentionally or unintentionally; who can know for sure. Then there are the spam filters and firewalls. If you do not fall into any of these categories, I am sorry to disappoint, but there is no easy, one-size-fits-all reason I can offer as to why you did not get it. I do know that we also attempted to give Platinum members notification over spg.com when they logged onto their accounts. This was frustrated by the fact that the additional banners were not suppressed, which is something we will correct going forward.

So, what to do? The only reasonable thing we could come up with was re-opening the offer so those who missed it the first time could take reasonable advantage of it. To that end, beginning immediately and up through midnight Eastern US time on Monday, May 30th, Platinum members can make their plans online at spg.com and then call the Platinum Concierge line to make use of the FRED redemption code for a 25% off savings. The same Terms and Conditions apply that were in effect previously. This is for award stays booked through Wednesday, August 31st only.

Thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

William R. Sanders
Customer Service Coordinator
Starwood Preferred Services

[email protected]