Hermolis MSML

Subscribe
This is the second time it happened on me, both times on Eurostar.
My KSML profile is on their database, but for some reason, they served me MSML prepared by Hermolis.

It's nothing controversial--basically a pastry, a bagel, a challah roll, Schmerling processed cheese spread, OJ and yogurt drink.

The interesting bit is, while the package (shrunk wrap a la KSML) had Halal hechsher(?) signage, there is nothing that indicates it is kosher. Yet I'm pretty much sure they just use the same component (otherwise who would eat Schmerling cheese potions?).

Paraphrasing Ali G, Is it 'cos I is Sephardi?
There is only one Hermolis factory (in West London). Everything made there is under the same kashrus supervision. Take a look at their website and you will see they have Halal certification in addition to their kosher certification.
Pretty much any Islamic authority recognizes kosher meat as halal and sees Rabbi's as the blessings they provide as equal to those of a mullah or other Moslem employed in animal slaughter. Hence why Hermolis meals are halal
I just read what was on the plate again.

Of course it was halal - it was lacto-ovo vegetarian, and there are no issues with needing milk handled by religious people in halal diets. It looks like they labeled a milkig KSML as MSML, figuring that the fact that kosher food is also halal meant they were good.
Quote: I just read what was on the plate again.

Of course it was halal - it was lacto-ovo vegetarian, and there are no issues with needing milk handled by religious people in halal diets. It looks like they labeled a milkig KSML as MSML, figuring that the fact that kosher food is also halal meant they were good.
Not quite. They labelled it as MSML because Hermolis have full Halal certification, so it really is an MSML:

http://www.hermolis.com/cert5.htm