FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards-427/)
-   -   Gold & CL (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-rewards/1388223-gold-cl.html)

manord Sep 16, 2012 5:29 pm

Gold & CL

Should MR Gold always be given a room on the Concierge floor if there are rooms available - or is it normal to be left on a different floor and just have card access to the Concierge Lounge?

First time I can recall not being put on CL floor as a MR Gold. And the hotel appears to be empty (very quiet, not seen a single other non-staff person all day, very few cars in lot, no-one in bar, ...). Not complaining as the room I do have on another floor is fine. Just unusual enough to prompt the question.

nacho Sep 16, 2012 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by manord (Post 19326710)
Should MR Gold always be given a room on the Concierge floor if there are rooms available - or is it normal to be left on a different floor and just have card access to the Concierge Lounge?

First time I can recall not being put on CL floor as a MR Gold. And the hotel appears to be empty (very quiet, not seen a single other non-staff person all day, very few cars in lot, no-one in bar, ...). Not complaining as the room I do have on another floor is fine. Just unusual enough to prompt the question.

Not according to the T&C, as elites you get lounge access. CL floor is not a guarantee.

I have tried several times that I don't get CL floor as Gold. Once I asked and they reassign me a room on CL floor.

cfischer Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by manord (Post 19326710)

As Nacho said, no CL floor guarantee w/ Marriott, just lounge access. Happens to me evyer once in a while.

iztok Sep 16, 2012 6:14 pm

What I found out that I get CL access automatically (as one should) and as a Plat if CL level room (with my bed preference) is available I get it. However not guaranteed. Sometimes only 2Q or 2D rooms are available on CL (I usually have 1K preferred). They would tell me that upon checking (when I ask if there is an upgrade available) and I can make a decision what I would like CL or 1K room or something.

Usually a nice question at check-in helps resolve any issues with upgrade (perceived or real). Usually I find that it is just perceived (not that I have a way of knowing if they are sandbagging me or not ;)

Delta3MM Sep 16, 2012 6:54 pm

I rarely get a room on the Concierge floor. Don't know why.

Most hotels, there is little to no difference in rooms. Maybe robes or something like that. I'm more interested in a larger room anyway - and those upgrades happen frequently enough for me.

Billy

manord Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

I'm not the DYKWIA type so the room I have is perfectly OK for me (no upgrade of any kind as far as I can tell) - and getting the elevator up/down 3 floors to get to the CL doesn't bother me.

I just don't recall not being put on the CL floor before when the hotel has been so obviously empty - i.e. its not an availability thing. No complaint, just odd in my experience to date.

iztok Sep 16, 2012 8:00 pm

How do you know it is not availability thing? Sometimes hotels would have reservation for the following day or something?

There might be some Platinums pre-booked to CL rooms for next days.

boss315 Sep 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I am Plat and seldom make the actual CL floor

DoctorK Sep 17, 2012 9:31 am

I'm also a Plat and only once have had a room on CL - usually a nearby floor with CL access.

rthib Sep 17, 2012 9:48 am

Originally Posted by manord (Post 19327162)
I'm not the DYKWIA type so the room I have is perfectly OK for me (no upgrade of any kind as far as I can tell) - and getting the elevator up/down 3 floors to get to the CL doesn't bother me.

I just don't recall not being put on the CL floor before when the hotel has been so obviously empty - i.e. its not an availability thing. No complaint, just odd in my experience to date.

Also, remember as a gold you are number 3 in line for upgrades.

SkiAdcock Sep 17, 2012 10:46 am

I'm # 2 for upgrades being Plat & don't always get the exec floor. As long as I have exec lounge access I don't actually care that much.

Also, some hotels have a LOT of Plats/Golds check in daily, so some may check in before another Gold/Plat & get the available exec level room.

Cheers.