FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy-766/)
-   -   List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marriott-marriott-bonvoy/685162-list-publicly-usable-marriott-reservation-codes.html)

hhoope01 Apr 22, 2007 2:25 am

List of publicly usable Marriott reservation codes

Content moved to the Wikipost for this thread (viewable at the top of every webpage of this thread.)

SkiAdcock Apr 22, 2007 9:37 am

Thanks for doing the leg work! I was just getting ready to post the publicly available codes myself. Cheers.

jpooh100 Apr 22, 2007 5:16 pm

Thank You!!!!

KathyWdrf Apr 22, 2007 8:30 pm

Thanks! And like others on this board, I only use discount/promo codes that I'm entitled to use, and the once (maybe twice?) I posted codes, they were publicly available codes. @:-)

What mystifies me is why the original thread had to be deleted, rather than simply redacted. Seems like a rash action on somebody's part. :eek:

hhoope01 Apr 22, 2007 10:56 pm

Well, the hope here is that if we keep the codes limited to publicly available ones and keep the corporate codes out, then maybe this one won't disappear into the black netherworld like the previous one.

KathyWdrf Apr 23, 2007 3:12 am

Originally Posted by hhoope01 (Post 7624691)
Well, the hope here is that if we keep the codes limited to publicly available ones and keep the corporate codes out, then maybe this one won't disappear into the black netherworld like the previous one.

Yes, I understand that. :rolleyes:

My point is, why didn't "the powers that be" 1) explain why the thread suddenly vanished, and/or 2) redact (= edit, in case you didn't know what that word means) the thread to meet whatever the objections were? :confused:

craz Apr 23, 2007 5:45 am

Originally Posted by KathyWdrf (Post 7625192)
Yes, I understand that. :rolleyes:

My point is, why didn't "the powers that be" 1) explain why the thread suddenly vanished, and/or 2) redact (= edit, in case you didn't know what that word means) the thread to meet whatever the objections were? :confused:

Could be the ones who wanted it off of FT, wanted ALL of the codes off even these Public available ones and not just the corp ones. Remember had I not seen that TZO the other week my stay (not that I would have made it) would have been $159 instead of $79 that I did pay.

So its very possible MR doesnt want any codes up in sight as it reduces their tyake. So I wouldnt be surprised if this thread goes away like the other one, then again after reading how pi$$ed everyone was/is maybe teh parties to be will leave this rather then risk our wrath.

SkiAdcock Apr 23, 2007 1:10 pm

My guess is they'll leave this one alone given they're publicly available rates rather than corp codes. Now if we can get Bruce to make it a sticky rather than us having to bump it.

Cheers.

pinniped Apr 24, 2007 8:15 pm

XES - I seem to recall this was used for some sort of Bonus Buck promo recently. I forget exactly what and where, but I know it wasn't anyone's private corporate code...

A1X - this is a percent-off Amex code for MVCI properties. It was published on the MVCI website with the only requirement being that you pay with an Amex. Whether the property enforces that requirement varies.

ES0 (zero) yielded Escape Packages for me in the past.

I've seen GOF used as a Golf Package before.

(Note that PKG sometimes uncovers all of these. For example, PKG might display a Golf Package, an Amusement Park Package, and a resort credit package.)

Nice work kicking off this thread, by the way. ^

GlennTheBaker Apr 24, 2007 10:32 pm

Originally Posted by pinniped (Post 7635816)
XES - I seem to recall this was used for some sort of Bonus Buck promo recently. I forget exactly what and where, but I know it wasn't anyone's private corporate code...

XES was the code for a recent AmEX Escape package, similar to the current Visa summer promo, where you got a BB/PP/EE coupon if you paid with an AmEx card.

holtju2 Apr 25, 2007 4:34 am

IMHO NPR also produces publicly available rates.

MisterE Apr 25, 2007 2:40 pm

VSA a corporate code

I think VSA is a corporate code for Visa employees rather than just available to Visa cardholders.

I checked this with the JW Marriott in HKG last year

SkiAdcock Apr 25, 2007 3:54 pm

I just did a dummy booking using VSA & the rate rules say nothing about showing corp id, just the usual cancel by 6pm thing, so I do think it's a publicly available rate. As a comparison I plugged in IBM as a code & the rate rules on that do say be prepared to show corp ID. I actually did a dummy booking for both a domestic & international property using VSA & IBM. Visa, no id requirements; IBM yes.

Cheers.

pinkelephant Apr 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Are these available online, over phone or ???

Hi, I just called Marriott and was quoted an over the phone rate less than half of any online rate I could find. Do I just tell the rep I have access to some promotional codes and have them check one by one?

Thanks.

SkiAdcock Apr 28, 2007 8:20 am

Originally Posted by pinkelephant (Post 7651754)
Hi, I just called Marriott and was quoted an over the phone rate less than half of any online rate I could find. Do I just tell the rep I have access to some promotional codes and have them check one by one?

Thanks.

Well if you've got the codes (I'm assuming you mean publicly available ones), you could go online & plug them in to see what the rates are. There are a # of codes in this stickey & I would imagine the rep would get pretty cranky if you ask them to plug them all in. Also, if you got a phone rate that was better than anything you could find, then I'd stick w/ the phone rate.

Cheers.