IB codeshare flight operated by AA MIA-BCN issues (strike, checkin)

Subscribe
I am looking at a IB flight that leaves on a Thursday but arrives Friday morning in April. Any idea how that will work? It's a codeshare with American but would be booked on IB.
Quote: I am looking at a IB flight that leaves on a Thursday but arrives Friday morning in April. Any idea how that will work? It's a codeshare with American but would be booked on IB.
by "IB flight / booked on IB" do you mean it's operated by Iberia?

In any case, it mostly depends on where the flight is to/from, if it's the only flight in the day, and the other things that I mentioned in my post above.
Quote: by "IB flight / booked on IB" do you mean it's operated by Iberia?

In any case, it mostly depends on where the flight is to/from, if it's the only flight in the day, and the other things that I mentioned in my post above.
It is an Iberia flight operated by American Airlines.
Quote: It is an Iberia flight operated by American Airlines.
Then you should be fine as strike affects Iberia operated flights.

Regarding the questions about flights leaving on thursday and arriving on friday, i believe that there should be no problem as they are operated in roundtrips starting in Spain on the same day (for example flight JFK-MAD On thursday has flown beforehand MAD/BCN-JFK! so you should be safe. The problem comes with the connection in MAD on friday.
Quote: It is an Iberia flight operated by American Airlines.
Quote: Then you should be fine as strike affects Iberia operated flights.
Exactly. This only affects Iberia operated flights. (sorry for repeating, but it's important that no one misses this).

Quote: Regarding the questions about flights leaving on thursday and arriving on friday, i believe that there should be no problem as they are operated in roundtrips starting in Spain on the same day (for example flight JFK-MAD On thursday has flown beforehand MAD/BCN-JFK! so you should be safe. The problem comes with the connection in MAD on friday.
I would rely more on the "flights that are only once a day aren't cancelled" than on that.

In past strikes, there have been flights from the night before cancelled. Just checking a couple of dates here:
* for the Jan 9th strike, the overnight Jan 8th GRU-MAD, MIA-MAD, LIM-MAD, EZE-MAD were cancelled
* on the Feb 13th strike, the overnight Feb 12th EZE-MAD, JFK-MAD, MEX-MAD were cancelled
IB codeshare flight operated by AA MIA-BCN Check IN
First time flying IB AA operated MIA- BCN flight.
I have no baggage to check.
Can I check in online?
If yes, do I do that at Iberia.com or AA.com
If I can't check in online do I go to the Iberia counter at MIA or the AA counter?
Thanks!
The rule of thumb is to check in at the desk / counter of the airline actually operating the flight - if IB is operating an AA codeshare, IB; if AA operating an IB codeshare flight, AA. I am not sure if you can check in online - to do that it's likely you would have to know the AA PNR, but try by logging in and searching for a reservation from Reservations, My Reservations.

Your posts regarding this flight have been merged into one thread for members' (including your) convenience). /Moderator
Quote: The rule of thumb is to check in at the desk / counter of the airline actually operating the flight - if IB is operating an AA codeshare, IB; if AA operating an IB codeshare flight, AA. I am not sure if you can check in online - to do that it's likely you would have to know the AA PNR, but try by logging in and searching for a reservation from Reservations, My Reservations.

Your posts regarding this flight have been merged into one thread for members' (including your) convenience). /Moderator

Thanks for the info and merging the threads. So even though my ticket shows an IB flight number I should check in at the AA counter at MIA or online at AA if I can get a PNR for the AA flight number?
Your flight is operated by American Airlines - you must check in at the AA counter. If you go to Iberia, they will only send you to the American counter.

I've flown AA and IB for many years, including codeshares, but the idea is to check in with the operating airline, whichever airline is actually flying the airplane.

I doubt you will be able to check in online - but it's possible. Try and see what happens. Codeshares have their positive attributes - they are often cheaper, for one; they also have their minuses - it's often a challenge to get seat assignments on the operating airline's aircraft until the day of flight, for example.

It's sometimes also difficult to get the selling / marketing airline to accept responsibility for the operating airline's delays, and sometimes they can seem to be dumping blame on each other.

Quote: Thanks for the info and merging the threads. So even though my ticket shows an IB flight number I should check in at the AA counter at MIA or online at AA if I can get a PNR for the AA flight number?
Quote: Your flight is operated by American Airlines - you must check in at the AA counter. If you go to Iberia, they will only send you to the American counter.

I've flown AA and IB for many years, including codeshares, but the idea is to check in with the operating airline, whichever airline is actually flying the airplane.

I doubt you will be able to check in online - but it's possible. Try and see what happens. Codeshares have their positive attributes - they are often cheaper, for one; they also have their minuses - it's often a challenge to get seat assignments on the operating airline's aircraft until the day of flight, for example.

It's sometimes also difficult to get the selling / marketing airline to accept responsibility for the operating airline's delays, and sometimes they can seem to be dumping blame on each other.
Thanks again. I really appreciate your taking the time to help me.
Is it possible to buy a MIA AA one day lounge pass and then also use it in BCN
since BCN would be the first overnight destination? I have a 6 hour layover in BCN and it would be nice to spend it in a lounge. If not, is it possible to buy a BCN pass once I arrive for any club nearby.
Unfortunately, Admirals Club one day passes are only usable at Admirals Clubs, not other airlines' lounges. (The good part is if one is connecting in MIA from somewhere with Admirals Clubs, one can use the same pass - e.g. STL-DFW-MIA-BCN, one could access Clubs at STL, DFW and MIA.)

AENA (the airport operator) does provide for access to their lounges at BCN for €25.00, but these may be only for departure and not arrivals - so if you are arriving at BCN from MIA and going on in six hours, or you are seeking a lounge for your AA departure, and have no oneworld Sapphire or Emerald status and are departing on a oneworld flight or/and are not in Business class, paid access in the AENA lounge in your departure terminal would be the best bet.

Quote: Is it possible to buy a MIA AA one day lounge pass and then also use it in BCN since BCN would be the first overnight destination? I have a 6 hour layover in BCN and it would be nice to spend it in a lounge. If not, is it possible to buy a BCN pass once I arrive for any club nearby.