Room

{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Sorry, I have to disagree. We stayed for our 4th occasion in February. We always book the One Bedroom Sala Pool Villa and stay for 7 - 10 days.

The property is ageing extremely quickly and the build quality is atrocious. The private pool was murky and engineering came to add chlorine and said it would be fixed within 15 mins. My husband realised that the small tiles of the pool were disintegrating and the dirty water was a product of the tiles and whatever they were cemented with falling apart.

I rang front desk on day 2 as the reason we stay is the private pool and the beach is unswimmable. The duty manager offered to move us the next day to a two story pool villa, one we were upgraded to last time. He said the guest was checking out the next day. Come the next day he rings us, apologises and makes up a story that the guest had a different reservation under the same name. It would have washed except this room is directly next to Prego moon deck and we saw new guests arriving with their luggage into this room the next day.

We decided to check out, and at this point he was able to secure another villa. Interestingly rather than small brown and grey tiles, this villa had large blue tiles. Perhaps they are fixing them one by one.

Other negatives: The limo at the airport was 30 mins late. Not the best welcome. Breakfast is uninspiring. We asked for extra lemonades, cokes and apple juices for the mini bar. These were delivered by room service, and I was presented for a bill of $70. I made it very clear we wanted extra mini bar items, not fresh apple juice.

Positives: The Platinum drinks at Prego remains the best club experience in whole whole Starwood network. SPG 50 is great here. My husband misplaced a credit card. The 24 hour replacement doesn't apply in Thailand, however the assistant manager did an amazing job calling DHL on our behalf and hand delivering the package as soon as it arrived.

Overall this property was brilliant when it opened, but it is literally falling apart. We have chosen not to return and explore other destinations.

321 Comments

321 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in