{{ oRightNav.heading }}

Save

Liked:
Food
Amenities
Room

Stats

Check In

Checked in for one night this week on GP points. Arrived around midday and front desk agent said there were no upgrades available because they were busy and the room would not be ready until 1:30PM. As the wiki says a little prodding may be required I produced my iPhone which showed all rooms on sale. Agent then offered a Deluxe Corner King, however tried to dissuade us by saying "it's very far and has no view." I said, we'd take it.

Room

Room was immediately available. Curiously, the hotel didn't take any credit card authorisation. It was only a night, and we were planning to stay out, however I have never stayed in a room that was 28 square metres in my life. The room was large and felt very calming. The view from the window was impressive to us! We tried to use a spa/jacuzzi and even with the price of 3,400 yen you cannot do so without adding a massage treatment which was disappointing.

Service

Concierges were very good at helping us choose which sights to see during our 24 hours in town.

Dining

We did the tasting menu at Touzan, however were told 8PM was the earliest they could fit us in. We arrived to a very empty restaurant and the meal took over 2 hours by which time we were falling asleep. Highly recommend the sake tasting which includes 4 glasses for 2,200 yen. Staff didn't remove the welcome drinks or apply the 10% discount, however it had been fixed by checkout as the bill was less than what we signed for. Breakfast in the restaurant was very good and the chefs gladly made eggs to order.

Overall

Overall a very beautiful hotel (despite their images on the website of the building), but we're glad we chose the St Regis in Osaka as our base.

1263 Comments

This review lives in the Hyatt Regency Kyoto - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD thread.
1263 comments and Y review

Hotels you may also be interested in