Business class r/t from JFK or EWR

Subscribe
hi Flyer Talkers! I am booking a flight (via AA miles) on ElAl Business Class. I have some options - going to/from either JFK or EWR. Looks like regardless it would be on a 747-400. Does El Al ever utilize their B777's on a New York/Newark to TLV route and if so would that be a better business class experience? Thanks so much as alays!
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

744 has an Upper Deck so as long as you can get a seat up there you'll be better off than on the 777.

As far as which airport to fly out of, I think JFK is a better bet as the lounge is better, but then it also depends where you would be coming from.
JFK is always a 744. EWR, which is 1 daily flight, mixes between 772 and 744. You'll know from booking which one it is. You can check the flight timetable to see which days they utilize 744 and which is 772.

The most important question is convenience to you. Do one of the options involve a 3 hour drive, or a 10 hour layover or the like? If EWR and JFK are really equal, then JFK has the advantage of KDL (versus shared lounge in EWR,) and a nicer check-in area, which may not be a factor if you're connecting.
For the return though, customs is much quicker in EWR than at JFK.

The 744 offers an upper-deck. OTOH, the 772s generally have better IFE. With the 744s, it's a hit or miss which system you'll get, and how well it's functioning. That's never been a problem for me on the 772, with a few having AVOD.

Hope that helps
Quote: JFK is always a 744. EWR, which is 1 daily flight, mixes between 772 and 744.
Agree that JFK has the 744 everyday, but it has plenty of the B777 too.
Quote: Agree that JFK has the 744 everyday, but it has plenty of the B777 too.
I have never seen the 772 operate TLV-JFK for LY. Now that I checked, I see that indeed they are sending 772s to JFK, though when did this change? For as long as I can remember, JFK was exclusively 744
Quote: I have never seen the 772 operate TLV-JFK for LY. Now that I checked, I see that indeed they are sending 772s to JFK, though when did this change? For as long as I can remember, JFK was exclusively 744
I flew the 777 to JFK plenty of times, first time I recall is about 10 years ago.