FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   How do I book Portland (PDX) flights on ba.com? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/924575-how-do-i-book-portland-pdx-flights-ba-com.html)

DYKWIA Feb 22, 2009 12:07 pm

How do I book Portland (PDX) flights on ba.com?

It looks like I'll be doing a bit of work in Portland over the next few months. I know BA don't fly there, but I was hoping that ba.com would show connections with AA from DFW, LAX or ORD.

Whatever date I enter, I just get a "We have not been able to find any available seats for the itinerary you requested." message.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Rick

cornishsimon Feb 22, 2009 12:10 pm

doesnt ba.com only show onward connections that involve ba codeshare flight numbers ?
do any of the aa flights into PDX from DFW, LAX or ORD carry a ba flight number ?

The _Banking_Scot Feb 22, 2009 12:15 pm

Hi,

You could try americanairlines.co.uk and select Oneworld partner flights also.

Regards

TBS

MrHalliday Feb 22, 2009 12:18 pm

I often encounter similar problem from AUS,
and initially just check for availability from DFW.

Once I see what I want, call in to a live agent
who can usually add on a AUS-DFW and return on AA.

frankvb Feb 22, 2009 1:28 pm

You can only buy tickets containing BA flight numbers on ba.com. BA telesales will be able to sell you mixed carrier code tickets (but lots of other websites like aa.com or e.g. expedia will do that as well).

cornishsimon Feb 22, 2009 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by frankvb (Post 11302312)
You can only buy tickets containing BA flight numbers on ba.com. BA telesales will be able to sell you mixed carrier code tickets (but lots of other websites like aa.com or e.g. expedia will do that as well).

i suppose that if you wanted the bonus ba miles for using your ba amex then the phone option is the way to go, will ba let you off the offline charge as you cant make the booking on ba.com ?

voracious violinist Feb 22, 2009 2:01 pm

A better option...

Surely from the point of view of enjoying the best in-flight service etc, another option would be to fly direct with BA to Vancouver, and then hop on Air Canada for the short one hour flight to PDX?

Make sure you take in the Oregon Symphony whilst in Portland - excellent orchestra... :D

jamespvg Feb 22, 2009 2:40 pm

AA only flies from PDX to DFW. There's a twice-daily ORD flight, but it's seasonal (if we're lucky).

I'm pretty sure that BA doesn't codeshare the DFW-PDX flights, so I think you're SOL. On the other hand, BA partner AS (Alaska Airlines) flies from PDX to SEA (half-hourly), YVR (three daily), and SFO (five daily), so it's easy to fly to a gateway city and connect. The SEA-PDX flights are particularly cheap, quick and efficient.

DYKWIA Feb 22, 2009 4:31 pm

Thanks all. I was hoping to book it all via BA for the Amex points - and maybe to grab an MFU. So, LHR-SEA-PDX would seem the logical choice, although it looks like I'll have to book offline.

Cheers,
Rick