Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How do I book Portland (PDX) flights on ba.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:07 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

It looks like I'll be doing a bit of work in Portland over the next few months. I know BA don't fly there, but I was hoping that ba.com would show connections with AA from DFW, LAX or ORD.

Whatever date I enter, I just get a "We have not been able to find any available seats for the itinerary you requested." message.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
doesnt ba.com only show onward connections that involve ba codeshare flight numbers ?
do any of the aa flights into PDX from DFW, LAX or ORD carry a ba flight number ?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You could try americanairlines.co.uk and select Oneworld partner flights also.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 22, 2009, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I often encounter similar problem from AUS,
and initially just check for availability from DFW.

Once I see what I want, call in to a live agent
who can usually add on a AUS-DFW and return on AA.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:28 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
You can only buy tickets containing BA flight numbers on ba.com. BA telesales will be able to sell you mixed carrier code tickets (but lots of other websites like aa.com or e.g. expedia will do that as well).
Old Feb 22, 2009, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by frankvb
You can only buy tickets containing BA flight numbers on ba.com. BA telesales will be able to sell you mixed carrier code tickets (but lots of other websites like aa.com or e.g. expedia will do that as well).
i suppose that if you wanted the bonus ba miles for using your ba amex then the phone option is the way to go, will ba let you off the offline charge as you cant make the booking on ba.com ?
Old Feb 22, 2009, 2:01 pm

Programs: Virgin Silver, BA Blue, HHonors, Priority Club
A better option...

Surely from the point of view of enjoying the best in-flight service etc, another option would be to fly direct with BA to Vancouver, and then hop on Air Canada for the short one hour flight to PDX?

Make sure you take in the Oregon Symphony whilst in Portland - excellent orchestra...
Old Feb 22, 2009, 2:40 pm

AA only flies from PDX to DFW. There's a twice-daily ORD flight, but it's seasonal (if we're lucky).

I'm pretty sure that BA doesn't codeshare the DFW-PDX flights, so I think you're SOL. On the other hand, BA partner AS (Alaska Airlines) flies from PDX to SEA (half-hourly), YVR (three daily), and SFO (five daily), so it's easy to fly to a gateway city and connect. The SEA-PDX flights are particularly cheap, quick and efficient.
Old Feb 22, 2009, 4:31 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines
Original Poster

Thanks all. I was hoping to book it all via BA for the Amex points - and maybe to grab an MFU. So, LHR-SEA-PDX would seem the logical choice, although it looks like I'll have to book offline.

Cheers,
Rick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.