Flying from Islamabad/Lahore to Almaty

Subscribe
Hi there - a bit of a random question.

I'm spending some time in Pakistan in early Summer, and I want to plan a trip to Almaty and Kyrgyzstan.

I'm having difficulties finding a flight between Islamabad and Almaty. I can even fly from Lahore if need be.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fly to Kazakhstan from Pakistan?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Many thanks!
Did you check PIA for flights between Islamabad and Almaty? I flew on them nearly 10 years ago, it's not a long flight, but they don't fly every day.
If you don't have any luck with direct flights, you might consider doubling back by flying on Turkish Airlines (it flies to Almaty and to Karachi, but not Lahore or Islamabad). You can earn points with LH on Turkish Airlines, so you might consider the route as a mileage run.
Thanks folks!

I think my best option is to fly Uzbekistan Airways...

But that's better than a 5-hour flight to Istanbul I suppose...

Now I just have to find a travel agent in London who sells their tickets!

Thanks again.
Quote: But that's better than a 5-hour flight to Istanbul I suppose....
True. The Istanbul route is only worth considering if a) you view it as a kind of mileage run; b) you have the time for a stopover in Istanbul; and/or c) it's cheaper and/or easier to book the ticket.
Oh indeed - so sorry Kate_Canuck, my reply came out a lot less pleasant than intended. Thanks for all the advice.

I'll have to see if there's any travel agent in London who sells tickets on Uzbekistan Airways. If not, then it might be Istanbul after all!

Thanks again
Find a magic Carpet ?? HAHA Just kidding

Quote: Hi there - a bit of a random question.

I'm spending some time in Pakistan in early Summer, and I want to plan a trip to Almaty and Kyrgyzstan.

I'm having difficulties finding a flight between Islamabad and Almaty. I can even fly from Lahore if need be.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to fly to Kazakhstan from Pakistan?

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Many thanks!