Booking domestic and international legs separately - will NZ "protect" the booking?

Subscribe
Looking to book an international flight. It will be around $500 if I book domestic and international legs disparately vs. approximately $1000 if I book on one PNR.

My question is: would Air NZ "rebook" or "protect" the international booking in the event that my Air NZ domestic leg was missed? I am looking to book the domestic legs in flexitime which will give me some flexibility in a delay situation.
No. You will be responsible for any rebooking costs.
To add to this, a domestic leg from a recent PE and J booking did not incur any additional cost. It was a non sale fare - so always make sure you ask
Domestic add-ons are a fixed price based on the destination. I'm unsure how you could be seeing such a big price difference.

To answer your question as already answered above the answer is no. Book seperate tickets and you're on your own.
Quote: Domestic add-ons are a fixed price based on the destination. I'm unsure how you could be seeing such a big price difference.
I'm looking to book CHC-NOU via. AKL. This is pricing at $349 for the international segment and $228 for the domestic segments (flexitime or not, change the night before), so $577. Prices at $1067 on the one PNR. So not sure what you're trying to say here.
Sep 30 CHC-AKL-NOU
NZ516/NZ782 $1066

Sep 30 CHC-AKL
NZ516 $99

Sep30 AKL-NOU
NZ782 $986

Am also not quite sure which flights you are comparing?
Quote: Sep 30 CHC-AKL-NOU
NZ516/NZ782 $1066

Sep 30 CHC-AKL
NZ516 $99

Sep30 AKL-NOU
NZ782 $986

Am also not quite sure which flights you are comparing?
It is difficult to know exactly without the precise dates that the OP is considering. Unless I have missed a specific date given by the OP, I think it is somewhat disingenuous to quote prices for 30 Sept...the first day of the NZ school holidays. As everyone knows, school holidays is code for price gouging in the airline industry generally, and air new zealand specifically.