Hong Kong Lounge

Subscribe
When I went to the CI lounge, the agent said that the lounge closes at 2200 , and that no announcements for KQ flight. The only people at the lounge were KQ passengers anyway. Except for one at the First Class section who was going to Kaoshiong. There wasn't much at the lounge anyway so I left at 2145 and went to the train station and walked slowly to the gate (41).
I recently used the new Skyteam lounge in Hong Kong.
It is quite nice:
http://thedesignair.net/2015/10/30/s...china-eastern/
China airline and China Eastern have taken the lead in this lounge for obvious reasons (they have many flights in HK).
I assume that AF and KL have now moved to this lounge and ended their contracts for temporary arrangements with other airlines. At least that is what the AF website says. I was flying regional so do not know. But was told two months ago by my AF friends that the move was imminent.

SORRY: I just noticed that the always-well-informed Goldorak had already posted this information in the AF Lounges" post.
The new lounge is a great improvement over the old AFKL lounge, but the QF lounge used temporarily is excellent and more airy than the new ST lounge.The ST lounge is nice but mostly used for regional flights during the day. AF pax on the night flight will have a less crowded lounge. But KL pax on the midday flight wlll get a busy lounge.
Quote: SORRY: I just noticed that the always-well-informed Goldorak had already posted this information in the AF Lounges" post.

but thanks for the update and your impressions on this new lounge
The HK lounge was nothing special but pleasant enough to sit, was recently in the Seoul KLM lounge is very clinically white and depressing - good food though. Not sure what's better in a lounge.
Quote: The HK lounge was nothing special but pleasant enough to sit, was recently in the Seoul KLM lounge is very clinically white and depressing - good food though. Not sure what's better in a lounge.
Seoul KLM lounge? I believe you mean the Korean Air Satellite terminal lounge. Indeed, that lounge is as you put it, clinically sterile and white. I find most of the Korean Air lounges boring from all aspects - offerings, food, drinks etc - even the LAX Skyteam lounge managed by KE is rather pathetic.

Cheers!