CIBC Aeroplan Card - double bonus? (CIBC Aerogold® Visa Infinite Privilege* Card)

Subscribe
Interesting terms and conditions for new card members of the $399 CIBC Aeroplan card

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-ban...lege-card.html

25,000 miles on first purchase, and bonus 25,000 miles after spending $1000 in 3 months if this is your first CIBC card. This seems a little silly to me that only net new CIBC cardholders would get this second bonus.

I know American Express policies have interesting terms and conditions when it comes to bonus welcome miles so I am wondering what people's experiences have been with this CIBC offer.

If you are an existing CIBC customer, and have recently signed up for this $399 card, did you get 50,000 miles total or 25,000 miles total?
200K household income

Well damn
I got this card earlier this year, and had held it previously. So, I wasn't a "current" customer of CIBC at the time of applying, but I wasn't "new" either... I was a "recent but former" customer. I had no problems with the additional bonus posting.
The other option could be phoning CIBC and trying to cut a deal with them to give you those bonus points. They've been flexible with things like waiving annual fees for good customers and so on, so it may be possible to do this.

My regular AeroGold Infinite is coming up for renewal in a few weeks, I might actually see whether I'd switch if they'd let me get the extra 25K points.
Quote: Interesting terms and conditions for new card members of the $399 CIBC Aeroplan card

https://www.cibc.com/en/personal-ban...lege-card.html

25,000 miles on first purchase, and bonus 25,000 miles after spending $1000 in 3 months if this is your first CIBC card. This seems a little silly to me that only net new CIBC cardholders would get this second bonus.

I know American Express policies have interesting terms and conditions when it comes to bonus welcome miles so I am wondering what people's experiences have been with this CIBC offer.

If you are an existing CIBC customer, and have recently signed up for this $399 card, did you get 50,000 miles total or 25,000 miles total?
Correct. The additional 25,000 points are only awarded to those who have never had a CIBC credit card. If one has any type of CIBC credit card at any time is automatically disqualified.

It's a very misleading promotion.

+

Quote: 200K household income

Well damn
While this is unrelated to the topic at hand, because I have been banking with CIBC my entire life they keep on trying to get me to signup for this card. CIBC full well knows my income and it's nowhere even remotely close to that as I no longer participate in the workforce fully. My account manager has told me that it's not a requirement set in stone.

Quote: If one has any type of CIBC credit card at any time is automatically disqualified.
Precisely the info I needed. Thank you
Quote: While this is unrelated to the topic at hand, because I have been banking with CIBC my entire life they keep on trying to get me to signup for this card. CIBC full well knows my income and it's nowhere even remotely close to that as I no longer participate in the workforce fully. My account manager has told me that it's not a requirement set in stone.

Precisely the info I needed. Thank you
Check with your account relationship manager. S/he may have some discretion to give you the extra 25,000 points bonus.

It's a good card to have if one does not have Altitude status and flies a few times on AC each year.
How to get the annual fee waived? I only has two credit cards with CIBC.
Can I just call the CIBC 1800 number?

QUOTE=Clipper801;28682555]Check with your account relationship manager. S/he may have some discretion to give you the extra 25,000 points bonus.

It's a good card to have if one does not have Altitude status and flies a few times on AC each year.[/QUOTE]
What's the point of racking up Aeroplan points now...? I am actually looking at what I could cross of my bucket list with them while they last which is not long
Quote: How to get the annual fee waived? I only has two credit cards with CIBC.
Can I just call the CIBC 1800 number?

QUOTE=Clipper801;28682555]Check with your account relationship manager. S/he may have some discretion to give you the extra 25,000 points bonus.

It's a good card to have if one does not have Altitude status and flies a few times on AC each year.
[/QUOTE]

Your account relationship manager with CIBC can help. If you don't have an account relationship manager with CIBC, then your best luck is to call the 1800 number and ask. However, I suspect the answer to your question is no, it won't be waived.
Quote: What's the point of racking up Aeroplan points now...? I am actually looking at what I could cross of my bucket list with them while they last which is not long
It depends what you mean by "racking up".

I spend around a million miles per year.

The idea of growing my balance by several hundred thousand does not seem like a problem at this point.
I got the card in Sept and received the regular 25k bonus plus the additional $25k bonus after the $1k spend. Bonus miles received in the next month. I have been a previous cibc card customer but it has been at least 5 years. The 50k put me over the top for a mini RTW which I hope to have booked soon.
Quote: I got the card in Sept and received the regular 25k bonus plus the additional $25k bonus after the $1k spend. Bonus miles received in the next month. I have been a previous cibc card customer but it has been at least 5 years. The 50k put me over the top for a mini RTW which I hope to have booked soon.
Did you get the AF waived?
Trying to figure out if 50k ap is worth $399 compare to amex plat and amex biz plat
50k Aeroplan is worth approx $875...

so yes worth the annual fee.
A better deal would be the Amex cobalt or Amex plat card in my opinion.

Cobalt:
40k points for $120 annual

Plat:
60k points for $499 annual.