FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Connecting in Munich [MUC]
View Single Post
Old Nov 20, 2007, 12:19 pm
wilkins5555

Unhappy impossible connection in Munich? any advice appreciated

Hi all, I'm a new poster and I'm hoping I can draw on the forum members' collective knowledge here.

Here's my story. Last week I bought a ticket to fly from Kansas City to Sarajevo to surprise my girlfriend for New Year's. I decided to go because I saw a flight advertised on airfare.com for less than half of what any other booking service was offering. (Unfortunately, it wasn't until after I bought the ticket that I read reviews about airfare.com and learned about their less than stellar reputation)

My problem is the connection time in Munich. I leave Washington at 10:15 PM on December 30th, and I'm scheduled to land in Munich at 10:20 AM on the 31st. What I didn't realize before I bought the ticket (again, unfortunately) is that my flight from Munich to Sarajevo is scheduled to take off at 10:55 AM, only 35 minutes after I'm scheduled to land in Munich.

Is it possible that I can actually make a 35 connection on an international flight from Germany to Bosnia? What makes me even more concerned is that I have been checking the additional information on the e-ticket, and the 'last check-in' time listed for my lufthansa flight from Munich to Sarajevo is 40 minutes before departure flight.

If my flight from the U.S. doesn't even arrive until 35 before...(luckily, both flights are in Terminal 2)...there's no way I'm making it, right? Unless I get lucky and my transatlantic flight arrives super early. Am I just out of luck here? If so, what happens? Is this a situation where Lufthansa will help me out, and either find another flight to Sarajevo on another airline (if possible), or give me a seat on the next day's flight to Sarajevo?

I'm kicking myself for not thinking this through beforehand, and I realize I'm responsible for the mess. I was just excited by the idea of seeing my girlfriend for New Year's, but now I'm worried that because of my failure to plan this out it may not happen. Anyway, if anyone has any advice on how I should handle this situation, please let me know. Thanks very much for any help.

Chris