FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip insurance for Delta Flight????
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:15 pm
kymbakitty

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Trip insurance for Delta Flight????

I can't decide whether or not to purchase trip insurance for a flight booked on Delta from SMF to AMS. The cost is $6,500 for the flight and approximately $289 for insurance. Our flight is October 25-Nov 8, 2007.

Sometimes I insure our trip, other times I pass. Insuremytrip.com is one of the most knowledgable group of folks I've ever come across and you tell them what you want and they know exactly what insurance will take you and your situation.

There is only ONE insurance company (and they have a lot) that will even insure Delta because they are in bankruptcy. I have another week or so to get the insurance. They are a good company, rated "A." He said none of the other insurance companies will insure Delta so fortunately, the one that will is a good company with a decent price.

Hubby said the bankruptcy thing shouldn't be an issue because now that Delta is in "bankruptcy," he said they are better off now than before (?). He said someone else would probably honor the ticket anyway, but I have my doubts.

The change fee is $400 per person and I trip insurance won't cover change fees--either the face of the ticket or nothing.

First off, if Delta does go out of business, I highly doubt someone else will "honor the ticket," as my husband claims. We are in very good health, we are in our 40's and 50's respectively with no preexisting conditions, but I just don't know. I know anything can happen.

Thoughts? Advice?

Dawn