Wiki Posts
Search

Trip insurance for Delta Flight????

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Trip insurance for Delta Flight????

I can't decide whether or not to purchase trip insurance for a flight booked on Delta from SMF to AMS. The cost is $6,500 for the flight and approximately $289 for insurance. Our flight is October 25-Nov 8, 2007.

Sometimes I insure our trip, other times I pass. Insuremytrip.com is one of the most knowledgable group of folks I've ever come across and you tell them what you want and they know exactly what insurance will take you and your situation.

There is only ONE insurance company (and they have a lot) that will even insure Delta because they are in bankruptcy. I have another week or so to get the insurance. They are a good company, rated "A." He said none of the other insurance companies will insure Delta so fortunately, the one that will is a good company with a decent price.

Hubby said the bankruptcy thing shouldn't be an issue because now that Delta is in "bankruptcy," he said they are better off now than before (?). He said someone else would probably honor the ticket anyway, but I have my doubts.

The change fee is $400 per person and I trip insurance won't cover change fees--either the face of the ticket or nothing.

First off, if Delta does go out of business, I highly doubt someone else will "honor the ticket," as my husband claims. We are in very good health, we are in our 40's and 50's respectively with no preexisting conditions, but I just don't know. I know anything can happen.

Thoughts? Advice?

Dawn
Old Mar 23, 2007, 7:53 pm

Programs: DL, SPG (Gold)
Originally Posted by kymbakitty
First off, if Delta does go out of business, I highly doubt someone else will "honor the ticket," as my husband claims. We are in very good health, we are in our 40's and 50's respectively with no preexisting conditions, but I just don't know. I know anything can happen.

Thoughts? Advice?

Dawn
Delta go out of business?!

Barring a major disaster, there's practically no chance of that happening anytime soon.....as they will soon be exiting bankruptcy......as planned.

As far as trip insurance is concerned, you can now purchase it at Delta.com when booking your ticket:

Trip Insurance

Delta.com offers trip insurance through our partner, Access America, to provide greater peace of mind when you travel.

Coverage includes Trip Cancellation/ Interruption coverage that reimburses prepaid, unused, non-refundable travel expenses should your trip be cancelled or interrupted due to any covered reason.

Coverage starts as low as $13.50 per person and provides you with 24-hour emergency assistance and concierge services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip along the way.

Additional benefits and coverage vary based on product type. Learn more about Trip Insurance at www.etravelprotection.com/delta, by e-mail at [email protected], or by calling Access America at 1-800-419-8016.

A.J.
Old Mar 23, 2007, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime Plat Marriott
Too late?

Originally Posted by Bulldog King
Delta go out of business?!

Barring a major disaster, there's practically no chance of that happening anytime soon.....as they will soon be exiting bankruptcy......as planned.

As far as trip insurance is concerned, you can now purchase it at Delta.com when booking your ticket:

Trip Insurance

Delta.com offers trip insurance through our partner, Access America, to provide greater peace of mind when you travel.

Coverage includes Trip Cancellation/ Interruption coverage that reimburses prepaid, unused, non-refundable travel expenses should your trip be cancelled or interrupted due to any covered reason.

Coverage starts as low as $13.50 per person and provides you with 24-hour emergency assistance and concierge services to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip along the way.

Additional benefits and coverage vary based on product type. Learn more about Trip Insurance at www.etravelprotection.com/delta, by e-mail at [email protected], or by calling Access America at 1-800-419-8016.

A.J.
Do you have to purchase it when you pay for the tickets? Is there a grace period? I purchased them on St. Patty's day....

Thanks.

Dawn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.