FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GONE: Sheraton Fota Resort, Cork, Ireland [Master Thread]
Old Jun 26, 2006, 10:59 am
Letisko

Programs: Starwood Gold, USAir CP
Thumbs up Recent visit to this property

Trip report. . . I visited this property last week and would highly recommend it. The hotel is extremely modern (almost incongruously so with the landscape) and had the nicest bathrooms of any hotel I've stayed in. The hotel is still working out a few kinks (ex: the pool wasn't heating properly, the concierge didn't have a map of the island), but it was still a wonderful stay. The staff was top-notch - everyone was extremely friendly and helpful. For instance, we decided we wanted to take a day trip to Mizen Head, and the concierge not only arranged an automatic car for us to rent but spent over an hour printing out detailed driving directions and giving my husband advice on where to stop along the way.

If you're visiting, I'd definitely rent a car (the hotel is on the opposite end of the island from the train station), and would also recommend exploring the wildlife reserve located on the island as well as going to see the nearby castle. There are definitely more attrations on the island than just the golf!

Overall, two thumbs up. Beautiful location, nicely built property, decent-sized rooms, and friendly staff. What more can you ask for?