FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please Forgive My Own Stupidity--Help on Miles
Old Sep 21, 2005, 1:34 am
ijap

Please Forgive My Own Stupidity--Help on Miles

So here's my situation. Dad and I are both GPs. Dad has 36,616 w/ 18 segs. He's going to KIX in Japan on a UA trip, but it was done through Ameniti so Mom can fly free, so now I here the problem with the miles is that he cant earn US he must earn UA on the flights--major bummer. Also, he's taking a Circle Pacific Airfare during 3 Nov-14 Nov from CLT-SFO-SYD-BNE-SIN-HKG-SFO-CLT (which on GC Mapper = that's 24,339 mi). They also flying F on CLT-SFO and C SFO-SYD, as well as C BNE-SIN-HKG-SFO and F SFO-CLT. So am I correct in assuming that he will earn around 24,339 miles that WILL ACTUALLY COUNT FOR STATUS,not including the extra bonus miles for flying in a premium (Business) cabin? He now has 36,617 miles so I assume that 36,617+24,339=60,956 miles so he will clear Gold.

Also, I'm heading out on 5 Oct on NH (UA Codeshae flight from IAD-NRT roundtrip). This will be in F Class. This should earn 13,506 actual miles flown. Since I already have 27,373 so far this year, plus 10,435 left on a C-class UA run from IAD-EZE rtp in late Oct/Nov, that leaves me with 51,314--enough for Gold.

Is it just me, or is it really difficult this year to earn miles over last year. I went over my itins. for last year, which did include some trans-pac travel, but it seemed like I was always been rewarded for traveling in C of F and this time it only goes towards bonus miles and not qualifying miles.

No one at US Airways Cust Ctr. can be of any help eaither; I keep getting different reports from different persons and I just want to make sure that we both are gold for next year--we really do a lot of flying.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks