FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?
Old Nov 4, 2004, 2:49 am
gmailflyer

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
Tool helped me get upgrades many times

I find that this tool and the KVS availability tool have helped me far too many times in getting upgrades on AA. The latest example, I was going to CUN for Thanksgiving. Purchased 4 tickets based on A availability. Fare basis one way was B (full fare) so decided to use the 7500 mile upgrade one way and use VIPs the other way. AA EXP agent tells me no upgrades outbound and upgrades only available inbound. I politely tell him that a tool I have shows A7 on SFO-MIA. He immediately rechecks, says sorry I must have typed in wrong dates and then goes on to upgrade me. Without these tools I could not have found out that the agent was in error or for that matter which flts to choose.

I run these tools first, look at availability and fare codes to choose the right flt by schedule (for low initial fare and a confirmed or high possibility of upgrades later). Thank you both (Mathias and KVS).