Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > MilesBuzz
Reload this Page >

Part Two - Galileo: "THIS SERVICE HAS BEEN STOPPED!"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2004, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club

The original thread seems to have become corrupted. New replies over the past couple of days seem to bump the topic but the text does not appear. So I've closed the original thread.

Please continue discussion here.

Regards,
Gary
aka gleff
MilesBuzz and Delta moderator
Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I haven't been able to read the last few threads because of the corruption but I have a question many users may have; is the availability tool functioning right now, is it under maintenance?

Also posting the URL prominently (like at the top of this thread) will help a lot of people find this wonderful tool easier
!

------------EDIT WITH GALILEO SERVICE URL------------------------------

The English interface is at http://www.benedelman.org/travel/inventory/

Last edited by beofotch; Feb 15, 2005 at 7:58 am
Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Gold; HH Gold
Tool is currently working, and is not under maintenance. However, there are only certain time periods when it works, so as to reduce traffic on the server. It works for 2 hours, then is down for 4. When you try to connect to the server by using the program it will tell you if it's working, and how much longer it'll be up or when the next up period is.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 7:28 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Here's the link:

http://www.stud.ntnu.no/~hartberg/ft/SabretoolSetup.htm

Hopefully this will keep it on page 1 for people to find.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 8:52 pm

Also potentially helpful: My new Fare Code Listings at http://www.benedelman.org/travel/farecodes/ .

I've pulled together some links to listings of major airlines' fare codes (mostly discussions on Flyertalk, to be sure). Could be helpful to new users trying to understand what to search for and how to interpret results.

Find an error? Want to suggest an addition? Just shoot me an email -- address in profile and at bottom of the page.
Old Mar 21, 2004, 11:26 pm
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by bedelman:
Also potentially helpful: My new Fare Code Listings at http://www.benedelman.org/travel/farecodes/ .

I've pulled together some links to listings of major airlines' fare codes (mostly discussions on Flyertalk, to be sure). Could be helpful to new users trying to understand what to search for and how to interpret results.

Find an error? Want to suggest an addition? Just shoot me an email -- address in profile and at bottom of the page.
</font>
Hi Ben,

today i found your email, thanks for your work and link, you will find it at tools website (Information button) "Fare Code Listings (Intern)" !

Regards
Matthias

[This message has been edited by smile67 (edited Mar 21, 2004).]

Old Mar 22, 2004, 2:30 am

Programs: AmEx Plat, VS AG, SPG Gold, Priority Club/IHG Plat Ambassador, HHon Diamond, Hertz Pres Circle
Hi Matthias,

Getting to grips with the up/down time just fine, although I think the spreadsheet idea to predict availability as discussed in the other thread a good idea, it's annoying when you log on to find you've just missed the window.

May I suggest a couple of features for consideration in future versions?

1. It would be good if the tool would check uptime on start-up if it detects a connection, this would save you having to type in an itinerary only to find you're in the "down" time period.

2. Would it be possible to have the ability to selectively delete screens, rather than just the option to delete all screens?

3. Could you provide a facility to save itineraries for future use, this could be in conjunction with 2. I suppose providing the tool didn't loose the info when closed?

Just some thought Matthias, hope you don't mind?

------------------
Bazz
Still Flying

[This message has been edited by Bazz (edited Mar 22, 2004).]
Old Mar 22, 2004, 3:08 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Bazz:
Hi Matthias,

Getting to grips with the up/down time just fine, although I think the spreadsheet idea to predict availability as discussed in the other thread a good idea, it's annoying when you log on to find you've just missed the window.

May I suggest a couple of features for consideration in future versions?

1. It would be good if the tool would check uptime on start-up if it detects a connection, this would save you having to type in an itinerary only to find you're in the "down" time period.

2. Would it be possible to have the ability to selectively delete screens, rather than just the option to delete all screens?

3. Could you provide a facility to save itineraries for future use, this could be in conjunction with 2. I suppose providing the tool didn't loose the info when closed?

Just some thought Matthias, hope you don't mind?

</font>
Hi Bazz,

all your suggestions are useful and easy to implement too...
... next time i will do it

Old Mar 22, 2004, 4:53 am

Programs: AA EXP
Matthais, Let me add my thanks to you, also, for creating this great (and so very useful) tool. Our entire community owes you.

A question and suggestion:

When I check availability for an American Airlines flight, in first class........ the # of unsold first class seats comes up with a maximum of 4 (F4).

I know this means that there are AT LEAST 4 unsold in first class. However, in other programs that check this availabilty (if there are 7 or more available) the maximum shown is 7 (F7).

In the next version is it possible to change this.... so that, if there are 7 or more available in first class.......your tool will report back F7?

Thanks again for this GREAT tool.

Old Mar 22, 2004, 5:51 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by AA Flyer:
Matthais, Let me add my thanks to you, also, for creating this great (and so very useful) tool. Our entire community owes you.

A question and suggestion:

When I check availability for an American Airlines flight, in first class........ the # of unsold first class seats comes up with a maximum of 4 (F4).

I know this means that there are AT LEAST 4 unsold in first class. However, in other programs that check this availabilty (if there are 7 or more available) the maximum shown is 7 (F7).

In the next version is it possible to change this.... so that, if there are 7 or more available in first class.......your tool will report back F7?

Thanks again for this GREAT tool.

</font>
Hi AA Flyer,

generally it's no problem to replace F4 with F7 for this special AA case, but the output of the tool is the real CRS output and if you see F4 it is the entry in the CRS/database. I don't think that it is a good idea to change the CRS output for several special cases (perhaps your case is one of many cases and next time someone wants UA B4 -&gt; B8, perhaps it's only a temporary thing or perhaps sometimes F4 is ok??) - i don't know if it's exact or not and the tool can't differ, but it's real CRS output?! Think about it ...

[This message has been edited by smile67 (edited Mar 22, 2004).]

Old Mar 22, 2004, 11:51 pm
smile67

Hi,

there's a new Tool version 1.63 available, same link as before (or if you use tools update function -&gt; Information button -&gt;..., save new version, close tool(!), start setup).
New features (1.62 -&gt; 1.63) are:
The tool checks connection, UP/DOWN- time period at the beginning (messagebox), it's not necessary to request anything.
The tool saves your output screens 1-8 at the end. All screens empty or answer "no - no saving" deletes older information. After closing the tool you find these textscreens in your availability tool folder screen1.txt - screen8.txt and title1.txt - title8.txt (not necessary to look at). If you start the tool it restores the screens.
Double-Click inside screen deletes (after request) last output of this single screen... -only some useful functions, no new CRS features!
I will not forget the enhancement of the class output...

Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:22 am
smile67

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1 / old Part One - last Page 27, now Page 3:
My comments are appropriate and true. What you have here is a pirate into the system and screwing it all up, since he doesn't belong there in the frist place. Either it works, or it doesn't. And in a majority of cases, the program is blocked or doesn't work. From reading further, the user looks like a youngster programming for the first time.
My source is to call the airline like everyone else or use certain REGISTERED web tools.

My comments are right, not User Tool Napster 2.0.
</font>
Your comments are s-h-i-t -nothing more! Sorry for the word, but this is true. I'm not sure what kind of problem you have...??
It has nothing to do with "pirate into the system", it's our system, we pay for this service and it's not my personal decision to run this tool or not, i have the authorisation to do - or do you think i'm so stupid to gamble with my job (for users like you)?!

And for the majority of users: In two weeks we will discuss the up/down- time or better "traffic/blocking- problem" with the CRS provider and perhaps we are able to give a 24h- login solution for a small fee too...

[This message has been edited by smile67 (edited Mar 23, 2004).]

Old Mar 23, 2004, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Cygnus X-1:
Either it works, or it doesn't. And in a majority of cases, the program is blocked or doesn't work.</font>
Actually, the truth is that it does work, and does exactly what it says.

Thank you again, smile67.
Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:10 am
Original Member

Programs: DL, AF and KL - UA - *G
Who in the world is Cygnus X-1 ????

Who does he think he is talking to people like this!!!!

If you do not like the tool FINE!

Take a hike !!!!!!!

Sorry Mathias,

du weißt ja:

" Und ist das Dorf auch noch so klein einer muss der Dorfdepp sein!"
Scheint in diesem Fall den Namen Cygnus X-1 zu tragen.

DANKE für all Deine Geduld!!!!!!

------------------
Viele Grüße

Oliver
Old Mar 23, 2004, 6:15 am

Matthias,

Allow me to add my thanks for the use of this tool. Please do not be discouraged or upset by what some may think, it is clear that the majority of people greatly appreciate your work and your efforts. Since this is neither for gain or reward, it is very noble of you.

BEst Wishes

P

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.