FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Dispute Resolution - Tips and Tales [Consolidated]
Old Jun 1, 2017, 4:12 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by serpens
I fully concur with that, based on an issue that I had in the past month and have not mentioned here.
As of now the once again promised credit this time by a US-Based supervisor at the Chase dispute dept has not been reflected in the available credit balance yet. He did say he had notated the account so in case the credit not showing up in 5 biz days I could call back and tell a US-based rep to read the latest notes so I would not need to repeat the whole story again.

I will report back how long it would take Chase to post the credit if it indeed posts.

UPDATE: The credit of the full disputed amount showed up on 06/02. Reason is "Adjustment". Hope this time it will stick!

With AMEX, a dispute is handled swiftly. In several cases with Avis overseas billings the credits became permanent the next day they were issued. All I needed to do was filed the disputes online. No follow up ever needed.

With Chase, this is the ONLY dispute I have ever had over the years owning Chase cards. It dragged on for 4 long months and inappropriately being closed without promised resolution. The written communication reached me 3 weeks after it is dated, with only 1 day left to sign back a form. I had to call more than a doz times before getting a call back. Then the promised resolution never comes thru so another 1/2 doz calls still no call back. Escalation seems to finally get me somewhere but until I see the final posting of the credit I am not hopeful that this is finally it.

Needless to say, I am very disappointed to say the least.

Originally Posted by wco81
I'd planned to keep this CSR card because I have no problems using the $300 travel credit to offset the $450 annual fee.

But now, I'm not so sure I would be that eager to pay the annual fee, despite the benefits, knowing that Chase will side with the merchant over their customer in disputes such as these.

Maybe the FTers who maximize churning -- getting the promos and canceling before the end of the first year -- have the right idea all along.
This is exactly how I feel. The benefits only look good on paper but difficult to use, the customer services have been deteriorating, security and dispute handling are outsourced to Philippines/India. The fraud dept in Philippines is horrible. My banker was appalled when I told her about how a linked external account was handled by the Philippines call center rep.

The net $150 fee is NOT justifiable based on my experiences. With such a high fee card you would expect a better than usual customer service. Yet, it seems this is the exact opposite.

Last edited by Happy; Jun 3, 2017 at 8:51 am Reason: added important missing word