FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Processing Timelines for 1st Time GE Applications by US Citizens and LPR
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:31 am
televisor

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by nanz236
Hey FT folks,

Do non-US citizens receive the physical Global Entry Card ? I am a Singapore National approved for GE but haven't received a card yet. I read the website FAQ that suggest only US/Canada/Mexico nationals get the card. Just wanted to re-confirm if this is indeed the case. thx
No, we don't.

In general you don't need one. The only official use of the card is for land border crossing into the US (which we aren't eligible for). The kiosks only accept a passport anyways (except for kiosks at preclearance locations which can take a Nexus card too).

I have however been asked to show the card (which I of course don't have) by an immigration officer in YYZ - this isn't supposed to happen, but I did have my confirmation letter so I showed that instead. It's also useful to get into the expedited security lanes at canadian airports, which is a benefit we're arbitrarily denied. I've always carried the confirmation letter just in case there's some software issue (CBP systems crash occasionally) and I need proof of GE membership.