FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Phoenix Airport {US-AZ}
View Single Post
Old Aug 8, 2016, 8:22 pm
CMK10
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stay Report - 8/6 - 8/7

Location: The hotel is located on University Drive just off AZ-143. AZ-143 north will take you to PHX Airport in just 5 minutes, the AZ-202 Loop to Tempe or Downtown Phoenix or to McDowell Road to the Arcadia Neighborhood. Going east on University drive for three miles takes you to Mill Avenue and Arizona State. Going west to I-10 makes Phoenix 15 minutes away. Location wise, this is not a bad place to be if you're in the east valley.

Hotel: A sprawling building of strange design. It seems to be some kind of square building with a large outdoor pool in the middle. The parking lot is also big and parking is free. The lobby has a business center in it, an attached bar and restaurant though getting to the breakfast area requires walking outside, a bit annoying in the summer heat.

Check In: Handled by a friendly agent who said the hotel only had four suites and none were available. I did end up on the executive floor however.

Room: Pretty standard, though with a seriously tiny bathroom. On the plus side, the balcony overlooking the pool was very nice. Still, the rooms could do with a little renovation, for instance there are no outlets near the bed and the shower handle was half broken and took serious finessing to work.

Breakfast/Lounge: There is a lounge, however it's only open for breakfast Monday-Friday (5:30-9:30 AM) and drinks and appetizers Sunday-Thursday (5:00-7:00 PM). Golds and Diamonds on weekends get a coupon for a free appetizer in the bar and breakfast in the restaurant. Breakfast then runs from 6 to 11:30 AM and features an omelet and waffle bar, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, blintzes and the usual cold pastries, cereal and yogurt.

I do need to note that the waiter serving us was really inappropriate. He kept joking with us and badgering my friend and I about how old we were and then telling stories about his "Asian ex-wife".

On the plus side, I was able to get a 2 PM Checkout.

My Rate was $71, this is a good hotel though there are better Hiltons in Phoenix.