FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - United GlobalFirst SFO-LHR-LAX + Budapest & Berlin
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:21 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Berlin

Normally when I come in January I rent a room at Casa Camper. As I'm trying to cook more for myself now this doesn't work out that well. Since I had been a week before in hotels I opted to AirBnB a flat I had rented for the month about 3 years ago. After killing some time and then making my way towards there I had about 1:20 to kill before I could access it.
Luckily it sits 30m down the street from Alpenstueck and its accompanying bakery/cafe.
I've had dinner across the street 3x, but this was my first in the cafe.

Really good beet root soup and Konigsberger Klopse.

This week marks my 6 year anniversary of coming to Berlin. Since then I've spent 4 summers here and a combined additional 2 months.
With that said this trip really wasn't much of anything new...other than some parties and a friends birthday.

A few currywurst cheat meals.

Bahn mi at Co Co in Rosenthaler Platz.

For the fun I was having I did make sure to visit 3 sessions with my personal trainer at Athlin (a really great private training space at the end of Kudam at the Halensee stop).

With that said if anyone has any questions about Berlin or travel advice while there please feel free to ask here.

Other funny thing I got an email from United about my SFO-LHR flight in Global First. With a photo of BusinessFirst and a wine glass they don't use on UA.