FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:30 am
themicah

Originally Posted by themicah
Another inexpensive one to add to the list is Quick Ride (212-233-0005 or 917-237-0010). They're a Manhattan Chinatown service and undercut most of the others by at least a few dollars. I haven't use them yet, but have a friend who used them from the Lower East Side to JFK recently and said they were just as good as any of the other no-frills services he's used, so for rides from downtown Manhattan they may be a good cost-conscious option. I probably would stick with one of the larger fleets for airport pickups, though, just because if flights are delayed or something you want a company with cars that are always around.
I finally used Quick Ride for the first time this weekend for early Friday morning LES-JFK and late Sunday night JFK-LES rides. The fare was $40 cash each way (I gave each driver $48 with tip and they seemed quite happy). Both cars were above average--Lexus RX on the way out, Toyota Avalon with leather on the way back, both very clean--and both drivers arrived early and drove well. I believe they charge a little more for other parts of Manhattan and it's possible they charge a little more at peak traffic times, but it's a fantastic deal from the LES and probably still a good deal elsewhere.