FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:52 am
TravelTheWorld66

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
IC NYC Times Square

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
It was alright, not great.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard room using AAA rate, was upgraded to King Sky View Studio.

How are the rooms?
This is their most expensive publicly available room. I wasn't overly impressed. It was 550 sqft but seemed much smaller due to the configuration. It was a long room with a divider separating the bed from the couch area. I guess for NYC it's big, but nothing spectacular. The panoramic views of the city were nice. Very bright and lots of noise from below, even on the 30th floor.

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Maybe? With the fruit and water they included two tiny boxes of miniature chocolates. Not sure if that was the gift or not.

How was the minibar?
Weak. Mostly waters, juices, etc. Two types of beer: Heineken and Bud Light. Really? Bud Light? Two bottles of wine, 1 red 1 white. 5 or so nips. Ketel One, Bombay Sapphire, and I forget the others. Nothing to write home about. It's as if they changed the minibar based on the fact that an RA would be staying in the room.

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
Location near Times Square is nice.

-Bad
They try to charge you for something everywhere they can. I got charged $25 for having a business package delivered to the hotel. They don't treat RAs very well. They always make you feel like you are a burden, rather than a welcomed loyal guest. I never feel appreciated at this hotel.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
It depends on the rates which can fluctuate greatly. I got a weeknight for $179 but I've seen rates go up to 300+ for a standard room.

Would you return?[/QUOTE]
Probably if I'm in the area, but I'm curious to see what happens with the Barclays renovations.