FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Dec 13, 2014, 2:05 am
IThink

Programs: BAEC GGL, LTG & CCR; IC RA; Hilton D (free from BA)
Melbourne

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Very happy

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Paid for standard room and purchased in advance by email a club upgrade for $50. Prior to buying club upgrade was to Executive room, after purchasing club upgraded to Junior Suite.

How are the rooms?
50 sqm, sofa, chair, desk, large bed, good sized bathroom and dressing room. Overlooks outside atrium in adjacent building.

How is the exec. lounge?
Fabulous staff, on call eggs chef, breakfast OK, substantial enough. Afternoon tea stuff is minimal Monday to Thursday but apparently more over weekends - wasn't there for that. Evening drinks - big range, great service and small tasting canopes and lots of salad. I never really expect the lounge to feed me dinner and this one certain doesn't.

Did you receive a welcome gift?
fruit and chocolate

How was the minibar?
Fabulous mini bar, even Mumm champagne and lots of beer and spirits, unfortunately work was too intense that apart from the fruit juices I didn't use it.

What was good and what was bad?

Good
- Breakfast in the Club
- Great staff
- Good upgrade
- Hotel is precise with the upgrade policy, pay for club and get a good upgrade, pay for the cheapest room then don't expect club or a suite, they have lots of executive rooms to stick you in. Embarrassingly witnessed one guy trying to talk his way in to the lounge on the basis that he was an RA and everywhere else in Asia lets him in without paying (which we all know is a lie).

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
I thought it was good value compared to Europe and some of Asia.

Would you return?
Of course

Additional comment:
Melbourne is a great city, the hotel is in the perfect location, a stylish building, well run hotel with some style.

Last edited by IThink; Dec 13, 2014 at 3:44 am