FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Royal Ambassador experiences (Archive Thread 2014)
Old Jul 15, 2014, 7:46 pm
Susiew237

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
IC Rome

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
For the most part yes.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
I have actually forgotten what we booked I'm sorry, but we got upgraded to a junior suite on the 6th floor (next to the rooftop terrace bar)

How are the rooms?
This room was ok, but I would prefer that a suite had a sofa in it as well. I asked to see a different suite and I didn’t like it as the separate living area was absolutely tiny, so we stuck to our room, (sofa-less, but spacious).

How is the exec. lounge?
n/a

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes a bottle of red wine and then a bottle of bubbly on the 2nd night (probably because I had mentioned it was our honeymoon)

How was the minibar?
Expensive so thank god we didn’t have to pay for it. (10 euro for a coke for example) Didnt think much of selection though. The Italian sparkling wine was absolutely vile.

What was good and what was bad?

I cant really put my finger on what I didn’t like about this hotel. It's like a rabbit warren. It needs to have a club lounge or a pool. Something.. The location at the top of the Spanish steps is great if you want to do some expensive shopping (or window shopping in my case!)

Very expensive hotel. The rooftop terrace bar is exorbitantly priced, but does have lovely views over the city roofs.

Value for $ or Priority Club Points? Would you return?
We were here for 3 nights, full rates and it was expensive. No would not be likely to return to this hotel .