FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NYC Limousine / Car Services
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2013, 2:24 pm
monitor
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA MM, BV LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I am trying Uber at 5PM this evening for the first time, out to LGA. Report will follow.

Report - I am definitely impressed with the service provided yesterday by Uber from the Upper East Side to LGA at about 5PM. I opened my Android app at about 440 and went about figuring out what to do to order up a car and at 445 punched the button for a UberX (not a limo). No more than two minutes later I received a call from a driver who said that he was five blocks away in a white Lincoln Town Car and would be there in three minutes. I responded that I would need to get to the street and getting out of the apartment and down in the elevator would take me more than five minutes. That was fine with him.

When we got to the street, there he was, double parked in front of the house with a large "Uber" sign in the window. He grabbed our bags and beelined up First to the bridge and out to LGA in no more than twenty-five minutes, great for that time of day. The tab came to $42 (including tax, toll, and tip) which is about $5 more than a yellow but $15 less than my usual service. When I went to pull up my BP on my phone, I already had the e-mail from Uber with the receipt.

How very good and certainly hard to beat. They sure will get a lot of my business from now on.

Last edited by monitor; May 14, 2013 at 2:40 pm Reason: Edited the next day to add the report