FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2013 AA Domestic Meals - menus / menu, photos, etc. (consolidated)
Old Jan 20, 2013, 9:35 am
dat4life

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
AA 1287
DCA-MIA
12:50PM-3:35PM

PDBs of your choice offered. Orders were taken before take off, and FEBO was observed. The meal was described as a chicken salad or open faced turkey sandwich. I wasn't expecting much as it was coded as a snack flight, but I was pleased to hear some new choices as I've been getting nothing but the Thai Chicken wraps of late. Boy was I surprised...

The salad was composed of a little cous cous, a nice amount of asparagus, and sundried tomatoes on a lot of arugala. Everything was fresh and very tasty. Best of all, the chicken seemed a lot less processed than what's used in the aforementioned chicken wraps. Dessert was the amazing blueberry, cranberry, and white chocolate chip cookie, served with what the purser termed "grown up chocolate milk". I got a real kick out of that!

Overall service was fantastic, with refills contantly offered. Unfortunately, I didn't get a good look at the turkey sandwich as everyone around me went with the salad. I'm really hoping this was a change in catering for snack flights, and not a miscater since it's much better than wrap/cheese plate. IMHO, I liked this better than the old greasy/snack lunch options.