FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA Lowers 2013 Status Match Mileage Requirement
Old Jan 3, 2013, 1:17 pm
tw1

Programs: DL PM; HH Diamond; SPG Gold; Hertz Gold; Global Entry/Pre✓; DL Amex Reserve; BB Prem Silver
Originally Posted by XLR26
That's what I thought initially, but then how could someone qualify in the second half of the year?
You'd have to wait until at least 90 days prior to July 1, so sometime in early April, to start the challenge. I believe it would have to April 2nd or later. There is obviously still the chance MP may change the requirements between now and then, however. If I were to do it I'd wait as the extra year of status is worth the risk IMO.

Originally Posted by NYC1981
Since I already have status in UA and *Gold is excluded, I can't take advantage of this offer, right? Just want to be extra sure!
I believe if you already have status with UA you are excluded but either way the T&Cs state the following, which looks as though it would specifically exclude you based on your current *Gold status.

Customers who have Star Alliance Silver or Gold status are excluded from this offer.

Last edited by iluv2fly; Jan 3, 2013 at 1:57 pm Reason: merge