FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No toilets On UA SFO-SYD Flight in Y
View Single Post
Old Nov 19, 2012, 4:06 pm
totorn

Programs: UA-GS 4M, Hilton Diamond , Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by mre5765
RTA. The Y pax were directed to the J lavs.

The lower deck J pax have a beef here.
I was on the Friday night flight SFO-SYD.

BF users who stood to be the most inconvenienced were in rows 9-10, as Y customers would need to walk by to go to the BF loo. and I just happened to be in row 9 (aisle).

The problem arose well after takeoff. I started noticing things about 3.5 hours before landing. The crew was good at trying to keep things organized, and would direct traffic in and out of BF and try to keep the line that had been increasing behind the Y curtain moving. Sometimes they would even direct some PAX to the front loos as well, but tried to keep the traffic reasonable.

Actually, I think the crew did very well given the circumstances and the fact that there was not much they managed to do while in flight. Of course it doesn't compensate for the fact that this was massively inconvenient for Y customers, but given the fact that things happened in the second half of the flight it appears they did the best they could.

My personal opinion of course... and I have no idea whether this is just an accident, or something good maintenance could have prevented.

Upon landing there was an "appreciation" link and email in my mailbox from UA: I liked that.

Fly happy.