FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - OW Award inventory on Flybe metal / AYXXXX flights
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:31 am
panxta

Originally Posted by TTL
HEL-JYV belong to the dreaded AY8XXX series, AY codeshares with a non-OW partner. AY minus benefits were recently increased, but rest of the OW carriers do not want to get their hands dirty with these flights.

HEL-TLL AY flights belonging to AY3XXX series should be bookable by contacting Exec club. Their redemption booking engine is quite weak with partner flights.
I did a test today regarding this.

AY8XXX flights are available as awards from AYminus. This was confirmed by AY rep on several dates when I called her today.

I then called to Exec club rep, who was not able to find the same inventory on AY8XXX flights confirmed available earlier. In fact she wasnt even able to find the entire destination (JYV) as award destination on OW. She was having a blast trying to locate the place from the map though ^

AY3XXX destinations she was able to find, but flybe metal (TMP) was showing 0 award inventory loaded.

AY3XXX flights to OUL, KUO, RVN, VAA were showing proper OW availability.

So, I think this is the conclusion:

AY8XXX = Awards for AY, not open as OW award destinations
AY3XXX, Flybe metal = Open as OW destination, availability depending on inventory loaded. TMP no inventory loaded for 2013.

I ended up booking CX C from BKK to CNS

Last edited by panxta; Oct 17, 2012 at 9:35 am Reason: Clarifications