Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Finnair | Finnair Plus
Reload this Page >

OW Award inventory on Flybe metal / AYXXXX flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2012, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I recently noticed some interesting intra-finland connections that could usable for me.

Has anyone succeeded to book any award travel with BA/AA points on BE flights?
Old Oct 16, 2012, 4:08 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
Depends on your destination. There are FlyBe-only destinations, FlyBe/Finnair destinations, and Finnair-only destinations (falsely announced to be "joint service with Finnair" - although wet leased) in Finland. Where are you headed to?

Be prepared to listen the stupidest onboard safety announcement around. Noise cancelling headset needed.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 2:33 am
Ambassador: Finnair

Programs: AY Lumo, BA Silver, HHonors Gold
Just out of curiosity I checked HEL-TLL availability with Avios...ba.com gives nothing...just says BA or its partners do not fly this route.

Wonderful.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
Depends on your destination. There are FlyBe-only destinations, FlyBe/Finnair destinations, and Finnair-only destinations (falsely announced to be "joint service with Finnair" - although wet leased) in Finland. Where are you headed to?

Be prepared to listen the stupidest onboard safety announcement around. Noise cancelling headset needed.
I was planning to utilize the JYV route to visit some relatives from time to time. I called Finnair customer service, and they confirmed availability of Y seats on the route. However, KVS tool does not show any inventory on the excact dates, neither does BA site like mentioned below.

Is Finnair holding some secret award inventories?

I agree with you that safety announcement is hilarous on Flybe:
..."Safety onboooord folder"...
Old Oct 17, 2012, 7:53 am
TTL

Programs: HH Diam, AY/AX/KQ/IHG/VISA Plat, SK/Bonvoy/Melia/Strawberry Gold, Radisson Prem, PP Prest
HEL-JYV belong to the dreaded AY8XXX series, AY codeshares with a non-OW partner. AY minus benefits were recently increased, but rest of the OW carriers do not want to get their hands dirty with these flights.

HEL-TLL AY flights belonging to AY3XXX series should be bookable by contacting Exec club. Their redemption booking engine is quite weak with partner flights.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTL
HEL-JYV belong to the dreaded AY8XXX series, AY codeshares with a non-OW partner. AY minus benefits were recently increased, but rest of the OW carriers do not want to get their hands dirty with these flights.

HEL-TLL AY flights belonging to AY3XXX series should be bookable by contacting Exec club. Their redemption booking engine is quite weak with partner flights.
I did a test today regarding this.

AY8XXX flights are available as awards from AYminus. This was confirmed by AY rep on several dates when I called her today.

I then called to Exec club rep, who was not able to find the same inventory on AY8XXX flights confirmed available earlier. In fact she wasnt even able to find the entire destination (JYV) as award destination on OW. She was having a blast trying to locate the place from the map though ^

AY3XXX destinations she was able to find, but flybe metal (TMP) was showing 0 award inventory loaded.

AY3XXX flights to OUL, KUO, RVN, VAA were showing proper OW availability.

So, I think this is the conclusion:

AY8XXX = Awards for AY, not open as OW award destinations
AY3XXX, Flybe metal = Open as OW destination, availability depending on inventory loaded. TMP no inventory loaded for 2013.

I ended up booking CX C from BKK to CNS

Last edited by panxta; Oct 17, 2012 at 9:35 am Reason: Clarifications

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.