FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AwardWallet - death watch has started
View Single Post
Old Sep 13, 2012, 10:11 pm
amolkold

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by veresch
Hi, this is Alexi from AwardWallet. Just wanted to let you know that we are not going away and not abandoning the development of the site. Yes 3 airlines now stated they don't want to be part of our service and they are major airlines but keep in mind that today (as of September 13, 2012) we support 516 loyalty programs, we are growing at a highest rate ever in terms of new users, we are working on many new fatures, we hired more developers recently, and we support the backend of many of the other websites in the loyalty industry via our API. I assume when beagleflyer1977 created this thread with a subject "AwardWallet - death watch has started" was implying that AwardWallet will be dead soon, in my opinion this is a speculation based purely on these 3 programs withdrawing not taking into account other factors so for the rest of you folks reading it - please take it with a grain of salt.

Cheers,
-Alexi
I'm still a big fan of AwardWallet and still use it for tracking my family's miles, despite it missing 2 AA accounts and 3 Delta accounts totaling over 600K miles ... it's still useful for tracking other accounts. However, if you lose more major programs like airlines or credit cards, it's tough to leverage the other programs.

I hope AW has plans for a standalone program or app that may be able to access DL and AA data.