AwardWallet - death watch has started

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

AwardWallet - is back and better than ever! Long live AW!!!

How about we start a timer until AwardWallet dies? Almost guaranteed that United will follow Delta's and AA's example next, followed by others, and then the Hotel companies, AMEX MR, and Chase UR will catch on too.

I say it's only a matter of limited time before it's obliterated and sued to death. I personally think it's a great website, but I will start working on preparing an excel spreadsheet to track my miles.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end...

Last edited by beagleflyer1977; Aug 17, 2013 at 3:13 pm
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:23 pm
xp0

Since they are ultimately on the verge of death they should port their application to a stand alone mode which allows you to run it on your machine. It will automatically log into all of your accounts, store the information in a local database and keep track of all your accounts for you on your own computer. This will be "allowed" and it would be very nice. A "one click" program for the lazy
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by xp0
Since they are ultimately on the verge of death they should port their application to a stand alone mode which allows you to run it on your machine. It will automatically log into all of your accounts, store the information in a local database and keep track of all your accounts for you on your own computer. This will be "allowed" and it would be very nice. A "one click" program for the lazy
That would be awesome! I'd pay to buy that application!

Hey if Intuit can do it with Banks, I think a Desktop Application can get around these airlines and their evil ways!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:31 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Thread moved from MilesBuzz! to Travel Tools forum.

Please see these threads to read about American, Delta and Southwest Airlines' decisions to block AwardWallet:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...ardwallet.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/south...g-into-rr.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...e-manager.html

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...et-access.html

Last edited by mia; Sep 11, 2012 at 5:50 pm
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:57 am

Programs: Loyalty? I go where the points and status are!
Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
That would be awesome! I'd pay to buy that application!

Hey if Intuit can do it with Banks, I think a Desktop Application can get around these airlines and their evil ways!
How much demand is there for this kind of application?
Old Sep 12, 2012, 6:02 am

Programs: HH Diamond-IHG Plat-AA Gold
Originally Posted by oziman
Demand? I'd buy the app. I think many other people would too. And I would definitely miss AW if it went away. I use points.com also, but I defnintely prefer AW for keeping track of my 1 million+ point balance.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Hyatt DIA
Originally Posted by oziman
Count me as interested as well. Looking up numerous family accounts (AA) to see if activity/miles posted sucks.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 12:04 pm

apple just showed Delta integration with their Passport iOS6 app

coincidence???
Old Sep 12, 2012, 1:23 pm

I liked AwardWallet.

I always felt a bit strange that they had all my mile account info and I didn't know who they were. But they did offer the option to store the passwords locally and I almost started feeling I did know them when I sent product enhancement suggestions and saw the same names in personal replies. It was fun when I received a "good idea" reply, finding the suggestion was immediately implimented.

Good people. Good product. But how do they monitize? Ads?

The getting started price of $5 was a good hook. Their viral approach worked for a while (family) but I'm not going to approach co-workers to get another year free.

I was disappointed when AA dropped off, requiring an extra login and wrote AA, receiving the boilerplate about passing along my concern.

Recently however I started having multiple issues with the AW "browser extension" and started thinking about moving back to my dormant Excel spreadsheet. I reported my difficulties, suspecting they related to the Windows/Browser version combinations but, while AW support was very responsive, the problems persisted.

I too would pay (a small amount) for a standalone program or Excel script to automatically populate my miles spreadsheet, saving me from another Korean Airlines login 'just to check' the same 24950 miles when I haven't flown them in ten years.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 8:58 pm

I would buy the application too.
Old Sep 12, 2012, 10:56 pm

+1. It's now a must-have.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 6:32 am

Programs: Several dozen
Have had a 37 worksheet workbook all along. No pain - no gain. The free ride is over. The airlines and hotels want to suck your eyeballs out just like a hungry zombie.

Originally Posted by beagleflyer1977
How about we start a timer until AwardWallet dies? Almost guaranteed that United will follow Delta's and AA's example next, followed by others, and then the Hotel companies, AMEX MR, and Chase UR will catch on too.

I say it's only a matter of limited time before it's obliterated and sued to death. I personally think it's a great website, but I will start working on preparing an excel spreadsheet to track my miles.

Unfortunately all good things come to an end...
Old Sep 13, 2012, 7:41 am
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by xp0
Since they are ultimately on the verge of death they should port their application to a stand alone mode which allows you to run it on your machine.
Like MileTracker (which was a great program when it came out, but then was pretty much abandoned by the developer).
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by dontippet
I would buy the application too.
Sign me up too!
Old Sep 13, 2012, 8:53 am

Programs: Delta PM
I also really like how they organize all of your trips in one spot. I suppose this is something Tripit is supposed to do well but I tried it and like much less a year or so ago. Do people use Trip it as opposed to this feature of Awardwallet?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.