FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA Miles For New Citibank Checking Account [Consolidated]
Old Sep 12, 2012, 9:37 pm
Mrgolfer21

got an offer for 30k aa miles

I got an offer today in the mail for 30k miles with aa by opening a citigold checking account. The terms are a little different. Not only do you have to do the direct deposits, but you must also spend $750 on your debit card within the first 60 days in order to get the miles. It is also tiered for the spending. So, if you get the regular checking account, you have to spend $375 to get 15k, and then the basic requires $125 in debit card spend to get 5k miles.

A few data points: it references my current citi aa card. Used to have business and amex, now just have the visa. I do/did have a previous citigold account. I say do/did b/c it is technically still open, was opened about 8 months ago, but hasn't had anything in it for the last four once I completed the requirements and got the miles. I have never been charged a fee in it. Terms do say it is eligible only to those that received the offer (so, maybe targeted), but has the standard citibank four letter code to use. Says existing citibank checking acccount holders are not eligible and if you have received a bonus in the last two years you are not eligible. However, I've been doing this bonus about every 10 months (with lower miles) and have always gotten it. YMMV. Anybody else get this recently?

Sorry...didn't see somebody added this same offer back in July.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Sep 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm Reason: Correction