FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Jul 7, 2012, 3:57 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sdsearch
DOn't get excited. Even if you get all 3 cards, it'll likely turn out in the end that they'll send you a letter that you won't get the miles on one of them.
Wrong info. You confuse Citi with Chase. As long as you get a PHYSICAL card in hand from Citi, you get the bonus you signed up for.

Originally Posted by IkeEsq
This has happened in the past when people got an error when applying and reapplied again for the same card and ended up with two of the same card (AmEx or Visa). It seems that you cannot do it intentionally, or if you try the results have been generally bad.

I would be surprised if they approved the third card, but congrats if they do! Once you get the cards, verify the offer when you activate them and you should be good.
Agree. This cannot be done internationally - it only happens when Citi System suddenly acts up - like time you out for no reason when sending the applets for the next screen.

I believe in a period in 2010 several posters actually got 4 cards thanks to the system error. So the poster could very likely get the 3rd card if there is no detailed human scrutiny.

Key is how many cards actually being sent to OP. Once he has the cards in hand, he is golden.

Originally Posted by saacman5033
I've never heard of Citi doing anything of the sort. Chase has for some, but with Citi, if you get the card, you'll get the bonus.
Originally Posted by sweetz_21_83
I agree. I read somewhere of someone trying the two browser trick accidentally getting two visas and both got the bonus.
Both of you are correct.