FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transfers in CDG (2E) - Time to S4?
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2012, 1:09 pm
JOUY31
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by milesandpoints
Hello all -

It looks like with the opening of S4 now, that many of the Skyteam International flights will depart from this Pier. I notice on the map that there is a connection (train, etc) between 2E (K, L and M Gates). I am taking LHR-CDG-ATL (AF1681 -> AF6) Tuesday next week (3-JUL) and it seems that LHR-CDG arrives in 2E and CDG-ATL departs from 2E. Am I safe to assume it should be a somewhat more simple transfer than in the past? Is there still a security recheck.

I only have a 1:30 layover and was hoping to at least check out the new Lounge. Thanks for any insight!
Well, the ride between 2E (K gates) and S3 (L gates) takes 45s. When you add the stop in S3, the ride from 2E to S4 (M gates) should take about 4mn. You should also note that, at the beginning, S4 will only be open in the morning, while in the afternoon, flights from 2E will use the main pier at 2E and S3. I am not sure how this applies to AF 006 departing at 1355 ... In any case, there's no guarantee that your flight will be using S4.

I believe you will probably have to undergo a security screening as CDG, like most European airports, doesn't differentiate between EU/non-EU flights, but between Schengen and non-Schengen flights. So, coming from LHR ...

Last edited by JOUY31; Jun 26, 2012 at 1:23 pm