FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LY Premium Eco to launch in two weeks...
View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 3:43 pm
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rafi2k6
USELESS
If LY wants to be competative they've got to revamp the FF program, get proper business class and first class seats, improve service and quality of their offerings and most of all make their pricing inline with the others! So many times people tell me how they paid $250-$500 extra to be on LY.

Ok, back to the real world.
I disagree - while I think everyone on this board can agree that I'm no LY apologist, this is not a bad thing, and can be a good thing. If it's followed through properly, you have a carrot approach to new revenue (as opposed to the stick approach, where they charge for previously free services, you now have a new service that one can pay for). You also have a carrot approach to loyalty as opposed to stick. The stick approach in loyalty is by making regular pax worse off, status pax are artificially built up. But here, you have the opportunity of giving status pax a brand new benefit.
All they need to do is put in seats with extra legroom (36 inches), increased recline, more comfort, and perhaps wider seats, removing one seat from each row.