FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Changes to Domestic Baggage Allowance for some Silver Medallions
Old Dec 12, 2011, 2:40 pm
SDQBound

Programs: AA PPro/DL PLT, PPass, Marriott / Hilton Gold, JetBlue Mosaic, Hertz Presidents Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Michelle_DeltaSkyMiles
Good afternoon,

We’re trying to do a better job notifying you in advance when changes are made that could impact your travel. That’s why I’m letting you know that we have an update to the baggage policy which impacts some Silver Medallions.

For Economy Class tickets purchased on or after December 15 for travel that will take place on or after March 1st 2012, Silver Medallions will now be allowed to check one bag (the current policy is two bags) weighing up to 70 lbs at no charge on Delta and Delta connection flights. The reason I said that it will affect “some” Silver Medallions is because Silver Medallion members with a Reserve, Platinum or Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express can still check a second bag for free.

This policy change will only impact those Silver Medallions traveling within or between the US, CA, USVI, or Puerto Rico. This change also affects SkyTeam Elite and Alaska MVP members when traveling on Delta within or between these areas.

Our website will be updated shortly and customers impacted by this change will start seeing this in the future.

While this change may impact some of you, it is still on par with other airlines in the industry. We wanted you to hear from us first.

Thanks,
Michelle, SkyMiles | Delta Social Ambassador
Connect with us at Twitter.com/Delta & Facebook.com/Delta
And once again, Delta forgot about those of us who live outside of the US and can't have an US AMEX Card, but still fly regularly within the US/Canada.

While I don't usually complain about the devaluation of the Silver Medallion Status, and always have recognized that GMs, PMs, and DMs are entitled to more benefits because they spend more time in the air, I believe that this is an abuse.