FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Nov 18, 2011, 10:15 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by drsaith
just got this offer, i think its a bit diff from others mentioned:

One time $150 statement credit for the first eligible American Airlines purchase made within 12 months of cardmembership1
Earn 50,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles after $3,000 in purchases within the first 4 months of cardmembership2 — enough for two domestic round-trip flight awards4
Receive one $99 Companion Certificate — purchase a qualifying domestic round-trip coach fare on American Airlines and pay $99 (plus taxes and fees) for a select economy fare for your companion3

and its for visa sig / amex / business visa. would have been nice had it not been a domestic companion ticket with fees and taxes, as thats all domestic tickets really are, and none of my 3 airports fly AA to alaska. idk if ill apply.
The difference between this and the away7.citicards.com offer seems to be the companion certificate instead of Away7's two Admirals Club day passes plus double miles on AA purchases for 12 months.

So if the companion certificate doesn't sound like it'll work out for you, think about whether the two day passes for an AA lounge plus double miles on AA purchases for a year would work better (and if so, just use the public Away7 offer).

Meanwhile, did your offer with the companion certificate come with a short website URL to apply at (by "short" I mean one that's easy to retype, like "away7.citicards.com"), or did it look targeted?