FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA: now 40k, plus other offers as they appeared.[9.2011 - 5.2013]
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:32 pm
zemaitis

Programs: AA 1,000,000; Continental; Delta; Alitalia; TWA
Originally Posted by thehawk75
I asked the CSR about this over the weekend. She was rather clueless and took 10 minutes to find an answer and I'm not sure it was the right one.

She seemed to think that you just show the credit card upon entry into the admirals club, which sounds suspiciously like she's confusing this with the Executive MC. I told her so, and further said 'that doesn't really make sense, would it not be a paper certificate that I simply redeem with them', but, she continued to insist that the passes are tied to the credit card and AAdvantage number, so AA will 'deduct' a 'AC credit' from the card.

Although this is plausible, I would figure a paper pass would be more likely. However, if she is accurate, then this very much sucks, because we won't be able to give the passes away to friends/family.
I received the AMEX 50K (the $2.5K spend) card and when I called in to verify my passes, they said that all I have to show is my AMEX card for entry. I asked how do they know if I haven't already used them, and she replied that I can have access to the lounge as long as I have the card, indefinately!!! I really can't believe this benefit to be true or even possible, but she went to ask around and came back with the same answer. Has anyone else had experience with this type of response?