FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ZRH-TLV in LX Y!!
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2011, 4:18 am
BA_Jfan

Programs: UA Global Services, TSA Pre✓, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum
Swiss Business Lounge (non-Shengen)

I got back to Zurich airport a few hours before the flight. It was a bit hard to navigate but we eventually made it to to the main terminal. We went thru the priority security line as Y pax with no one asking us for a card or checking our boarding pass. While it was nice to speed right thru, I think it was poor on the part of LX not to have someone confirming eligibility. I got into the LX Business lounge for a few minutes thru a lounge gusting arranged off this site. I have to say that while the furniture was nice and there was plenty of alcohol, I wasn't too impressed with it. I was also surprised that there were no showers. Especially because of the amount of international departures. In terms of food, all I saw were bananas and ice cream and some kind of soup. There was some self serve alcohol and some self serve beer. But the lounge bar was truly a sight to see. The cocktail menu wasn't long, but it was a very nice area to have a drink and pass time. I was also surprised to see no snacks or chocolates on offer. The variety of English language reading material was virtually non-existent. For a hub lounge for J pax, it was poor. bA's Galleries South J lounge at LHR T5 surpasses it in every way, besides the furniture. LX's black leather is nicer. I didn't get a chance to look at the restrooms. There were also no runway views from the lounge which is something I enjoy while I wait. I asked for a wireless Internet card. Ironically I couldn't get it to work, until I was seated in the gate area in the E gates.

Menu at the lounge bar

Dry martini
White Russian
Whiskey sour
Tequila sunrise
Sex on the beach
Aperol sprizz
Caipirinha
Mojito
Ready for take off
Sweat dreams (alcohol free)
Fresh jungle (alcohol free)

Pictures

Lounge enterance

Bar menu

Lounge bar

Bar enterance

self serve food

Lounge seating

Ice cream

self serve bar

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...20aviv/471.jpg

Last edited by BA_Jfan; Oct 14, 2011 at 4:41 am Reason: added bar menu and images