FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Improved UA Explorer card offer
View Single Post
Old Oct 8, 2011, 7:32 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beltway
Does. Not. Exist.
Originally Posted by Yas46377
beltway -Just be clear are you saying the 6 month rule doesn't exist in the context we were talking about in the context of applying for a new card with Chase every 6 months? I thought it was a bad idea to cancel a card before 6 months especially if you do it with multiple card with the same bank so they think you only sign up for the bonus.
If we are talking about the one application per 6 months...

It does not exist for many people. It does exist for some unfortunate souls.

Nobody can tell exactly how and when it would be applied to some but not to others.

Based on observation it seems newbies are having an easier time than old timers in term of this one card every 6 months rule - as Chase tends to be exceedingly generous to new customers - market share acquisition policy I suppose.

If we are talking about Chase would claw back bonus if card being cancelled before having it for 6 months, I believe the CO card does not have this specific clause. In the past the UA cards (almost all of them) did have this clause. I can tell you that I have had 30K UA miles clawed back - 2 months after closing the account which was about 4 months at the time of closure.

Other Chase cards - the Marriott card DEFINITELY has that clause in the T&C. I dont remember IHG card has it or not. Hyatt card the bonus is not from Chase but from Hyatt (free night certs) so that does not apply.

Last edited by Happy; Oct 8, 2011 at 7:38 pm