FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:01 am
Roaming Ryan
Formerly known as rwk32882

Programs: IHTFP, AS 75k, AA EXP, AC 75k, ex-UA 1K, Ex-BD *G (RIP), SPG Gold
Sri Lanka, Mongolia, Palau and the Philippines

Just completed two cash+miles coach one-way bookings with BD. Prices below are per passenger.

Z7->Z8: CMB-BKK(stop)-PEK-ULN
Miles: 7,500
Cash: 50GBP
Taxes: 189.30GBP (including 37GBP EJ tax... Sri Lankan overseas sales tax)

Z8->Z9?: ULN-PEK-ICN-ROR(stop)-MNL
Miles: 12,500
Cash: 85GBP
Taxes: 148.40GBP

Agent made some comment abut the second award (ULN->MNL) being constructed as two one ways (Z7->Z10 and Z7->Z7) but that sounded like total nonsense to me. I didn't question him though as the miles he quoted seemed right. Since the stopover is in a higher priced region, the price should be for a Z8->Z9 award.

On the first few attempts the agents kept telling me that they couldn't confirm the OZ segments (PEK-ICN-ROR) despite other *A carriers (UA and AC) having ample availability according to their call centers. I raised this issue with a BMI agent and he offered to go ahead and attempt the booking.

Ticketing hasn't happened yet but he said that everything seemed to look OK to him. All in all, I am very happy with the redemption - especially the jaunt out to Z9 and back for the price of a one way!